Cooling Grow Tent --- Or Grow Room

Skunkman.uk

Hi 420 community 

Has any one used A "Inkbird "Temperature Controller Digital Termostat ---- To Control A Portable A/C.

It's something I have stumbled upon whilst trying to discover how To Lower The Temperatures in the Grow Tent. .

I am wondering if someone has Experience with A Inkbird Controller in conjunction with a Portable  A/C.

Would appreciate some instructions on the matter.

Having an AC units compressor being randomly turned off and on and the mains can damage them, adding to the danger AC Units are already a fire risk and should not be left unattended.

I'm sure some others may have gotten away with it so far but just be aware of the risks.

Food for thought.:yep:

What's the grow setup situation, location type and so on? Someone might have a better solution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Having an AC units compressor being randomly turned off and on and the mains can damage them, adding to the danger AC Units are already a fire risk and should not be left unattended.

I'm sure some others may have gotten away with it so far but just be aware of the risks.

Food for thought.:yep:

What's the grow setup situation, location type and so on? Someone might have a better solution.

Thanks Military Grade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

Portable AC units exhaust unfiltered grow room air, split or water-cooled units only for grow rooms!

Thanks GSZZ

6 hours ago, Skunkman.uk said:

Would appreciate some instructions

hi bro, just to let you know, (hey that rhymed), that most portable AC's have there own 'stat, which you can set & it will keep to that temp

as stated, its better than an external controller turning the unit on & off in short timescales (possible damage)

an alternative is to have the unit on a timer [30 on/30 off] which would be kinder to the compressor

ive got a electriQ model. they have to be vented so theres also a risk of venting out smelly air

mystic