How much longer till ready to harvest

Guggsy

Can some put their expert eye on these to give me some idea how much longer before ready to harvest. some of the plants the leaves are starting to turnng yellow, not just from the bottom but all over. I am not sure if this down to weather or temperatures. These have been growing outside from day 1, and I have been feeding them with each water.

large.64bfcb5325e91_RoyalAKBudz3.jpglarge.64bfcb51e8db0_RoyalAKBudz2.jpglarge.64bfcb50c8215_RoyalAKBudz1.jpg

On the third picture the leaves have a slightly more yellow colour than the picture shows. I am not sure if this is a normal process in the plants life cycle, as it comes to it's maturity, or is it down to the weather.

large.64bfcb544604f_WhiteWidowBudz3.jpglarge.64bfcb4f909b9_WhiteWidowBudz4.jpg

The 2 pictures above are of my white widow hasn't really filled out great, which i am guessing put down to weather, but how much longer do people think before i think about harvesting. I understand the purple tinge is down to cold temperatures.

But I am more concerened about the Royal AK where the leaves are going yellow all over.

• Like 6

I would say you got anything up to 2 wks to roll on her mate.     1 wk and review .  Looks nice and healthy and dont fuss too much over leaves fading ,  shes just using up energy sir.

All the best with it.

• Like 5

@OldFord The thing is i've been feeding each time, so I don't see why the leaves should be turning yellow. I have only just increased Bloom levels to 12ml per  7 litre and Grow down to 2ml 7litre 14ml in total. Someone mentioned in my last grow to feed grow and bloom, when flowering. but less grow than bloom. and as they are autos don't use as much as bottle says.

• Like 4

Feeding autos at lowers levels is fine and advised  as is low level grow and bloom in flower  ,  looking at the pics i can see shes colouring up as well and this can lead to thinking shes poorly.

Poss a tiny bit on the leaf outer tips but certainly nothing i would be concerned on :yep:      She still could be using up energy herself as photosynthesis will carry on as normal.  

Not long to go sir :george:

• Like 2

So here Are My plants individually Take a look and see including 1 photo period. please feel free to leave coments and advise.

large.64bfd7db6ad21_Specialkushphotoperiod.jpg Special Kush Photoperiod

large.64bfd7d72da8f_RoyalAKAuto1.jpgRoyal AK Auto 1

large.64bfd7d8932c7_RoyalAKAuto2.jpg Royal AK Auto 2

large.64bfd7da2e7ef_RoyalAKAuto3.jpgRoyal AK Auto 3

large.64bfd898a9a95_WhiteWidowAuto1.jpgWhite widow Auto 1

large.64bfd89715f86_WhiteWidowAuto2.jpgWhite Widow Auto 2

large.64bfd7d58a9b1_WhiteWidowAuto3.jpgWhite Widow Auto 3

Pictures of the plants individually.

• Like 6

They look like mine did a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm getting ready to chop in the next 24/36hrs ... so I think you got nout to worry about, that yellowing will continue especially on what I call sun leaves then down to the smaller ones but not all.

I think it's the plant's way of getting rid of the big leaves to get more light to the flowers/buds

yours are looking great, I like White widow 1

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Guggsy said:

@OldFord The thing is i've been feeding each time, so I don't see why the leaves should be turning yellow. I have only just increased Bloom levels to 12ml per  7 litre and Grow down to 2ml 7litre 14ml in total. Someone mentioned in my last grow to feed grow and bloom, when flowering. but less grow than bloom. and as they are autos don't use as much as bottle says.

I your worried about the yellowing of the leaves give them a food of nettle tea. Ots organic so no need to flush. At this stage its not going to cause stretch & the nitrogen with help green a bit. Internet helping with photosynthesis. I reckon you have a good 2 weeks still on these anyway. 

honestly I wouldn't bother though. I would just nip them off. Leave a little bit of stalk to drop off naturally I find is the less stressful on the plant. :hippy:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 4

@handysmoker @brock1 I was just concerened about the weather and bud rot as they are coming to the harvest stage. I am hoping the white pistals will turn orangey brown further before I harvest in 2 weeks. I will also check the trichomes to see have the majority of them are amber. I started these May 20th and they all sprouted in 4 days. come August 20th that will be 3 months.

• Like 3

If you worried about the rot getting them in the next 2 wks its going to take to mature then take off any offending fans blocking light or air.   

Increased airflow lowers the % of chance for rot  ,  increased light penetration will assist ripen.      Remove as close to the leaf end as poss.  

Between mother nature / Lady Luck and genetics ... shes done when shes done mate or when you chicken out and dont wanna gamble  :yep:    

For now your on Rot Patrol like the rest of us :george:

Good luck with it.             Your plants are looking happy & healthy sir ,  credit too you.   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3

@OldFord I managed to fend off the Aphids when the plants were still young, going out there cleaning the leaves, and using a fine pokey stick to get between the pe flower buds. I did also use a organic pesticide also, been aphid free. I also dropped White widow 2 when I had the pot on my knees trying to remove aphids, tipped out qtr of the soil, luckily no damage to the plant it's self, but came back  good, plant didn't didn't seem stressed after due to root dislodge. The only thing that has fucked me over, and I am guessing a lot of other outdoor growers, was the shit weather, and crap day time/night time temperatures, I usually grow enough to keep me going till next year. I managed to fill 21 1 litre mason jars. I started vaping my last season bud end of August last year, and I ran out beggining of june this year. I just hope my photo period will make enough, to make up the shortfall of my autos.

• Like 3

Well despite the aphids  & bouncing them lol    Your doing well mate.    

Yeah i hear you on up & down yields ,  im an advocate of more is betterer :thumsup:       You never know whats gonna go worng and you cant really end up with too much now :yep:

Weather has certainly not been the outdoor growers friend this run  ,  although low temps / light often do well for buds growing albeit slowly.   

If this is what w are getting now in the peak warmth period god knows what we goona get in the latter part !      Fems all started now and gotta see how we go :yep:

Let the battle commence !    I cant control it so not gonna sweat it ... much lol  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Guggsy said:

@OldFord I just wanted to ask are you starting new photos now, won't it be to cold by the time you harvest?

Me saying fems started  ,  as in showing pre flower and kicked off :yep:      Too late to start now on fems really,   i just started and auto for a fellow old git who wants to do a late one in his Lean to frame.      His grow   /  his probs but hoping he scores.     Documenting it on the Dutch Passion thread as its an auto Euforia

• Like 2

@OldFord Any chance of putting up a picture on this thread of your pre flower on your photoperiod, just so that I can see what I should be looking for. I think mine have started but not 100% sure as this is my 1st ever Photoperiod.

Cheers

• Like 1