DP Auto Euforia Late Garden By An Old Git Grower

OldFord

Hi ,  i was asked by a fellow Old Git grower  ....how would a late planted outdoor auto attempt end if he could provide it with some shelter ????? 

Answer i gave  - 

Theres WAY too many variables to call it ,  you would also be reliant on shorter daylight hours , less sun intensity ,  less heat , more humidity ....just for a start lol     Run a fem too and see whats what.

Reply -  No  ,  i just want to run an Auto as i would like to do more and test them thoroughly in later bad weather as i will prob just stick to them in the garden.     An auto is what i want to try.

No probs  :yep:

With a start of grow in the last 10 days of July , in whats been to date a colder / wetter aso called summer wet season.

So being an inquisitive Old Git  ,  he asked if i would start an auto off for him ,   i said no worries and on Friday evening i placed a DP Auto Euforia seed into soak in a room temp water bath to soak.

And we shall run this little experiment and report week by week  , until it either gets rot and gets binned or it makes it home :yep:     Either way it will play out here , step by step for you to see :yes:

Mission  -   To grow a late planted Auto out ,  priding it protection in an East facing  ,  Home made clear acrylic & timber frame Lean To against the brick wall end og building clad in dark pvc lol  

So an auto grow  , outdoor & under cover enclosed quite late into whats shaping up to be a wetter season  .... what could go wrong !?   lol      We shall see.   

Friday 21st July 5.30pm  -  a DP Auto Euforia wentinto soak.   

Sunday 23rd July  2pm  The seed had sunk   /  seedopened  /  tap root just beginning to emerge   -     it is a rather evocative pic !:wub:     The joy of things yet to come  :yinyang:

Pics up shortly  folks. 

Your predictions ,  thoughts  ....and of course humour more than welcome folks lol   

@Antonio_DutchPassion

• Like 7

I'll follow with interest sir.

I've been wondering myself recently what could be achieved in my greenhouse with no heating or fans later in the year going into Autum/winter. Iv'e got an idea what may happen but you never know lol

Interested to see how you get on. All the best mate  :thumsup:

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CustardVape said:

I'll follow with interest sir.

I've been wondering myself recently what could be achieved in my greenhouse with no heating or fans later in the year going into Autum/winter. Iv'e got an idea what may happen but you never know lol

Interested to see how you get on. All the best mate  :thumsup:

Its not my grow mate ,  just a fellow newvie Old Git  ,  has a somewhat overlooked garden , playing this year with few fems & autos  ,  seems to prefer the smaller stature of the auto , wants to stay auto , each to their own,   so hes wanting to see what a lean to enclosure on the end of his building can do if anything,  only a bean to risk in order to find out mate :yep:

I got a bean started for him then he can take over and what will be will be.   He will send me updates & pics and i can document here.  

A brave attempt and actually looking forward to see it play out :yep:     

• Like 3

A worthy venture, I think he's definitely got a good chance of success. Wish him luck from me :hippy:

• Like 1

A worthwhile experiment :realcool:

Hopefully it's a mild/dry September and October lol

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

A little update on this experiment  - 

The seedling has broken the surface ,  Monday 25th July ,  and it appears to be a double header :wub:

I know i only planted one seed , as  i soaked the ONLY Auto Euforia i had left lol     So its def 1 seed ,  i have both shell husk halfs !   But 2 heads :thumsup:

2 heads better than one l!! 

As we stand with the seedling pics being early this morning - Wednesday 26th July. 

large_001.JPGlarge_002.JPGlarge_021.JPG 

More as it happens folks :yep:      I will keep this baby until the last day of July,  its owner will place it into the lean to enclosure 01 / 08 and i will update from there .  

• Like 7

Double header is double as much fun! lol

Seems like a worthy experiment for sure, I'll tag along mate! :B):

Enjoy growing as always

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update folks -   

I got the baby passed on ,  the little double header to the feloow Old Git  1st August :yep:   

They are now in the little Lean Too building and been potted on ,   this is the last pic i have of them ,  will get more soon.  

large_002.JPG

More updates as soon as i get them folks. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...