Pot size and type?

snotbottom

1.2 x 1.2 , Migro aray 8 , 5 plants, scrog.

I am reading about grow bags, do they really do better than solid pots? How do they drain , are there drainage holes? I thought coco was run to waste to flush out any salt buildup? Can this be done with grow bags?

I am also thinking 10L , would that be enough do you think?

Grow bags in the traditional sense (52L levingtons tomorite deep fill for example) are only fit for emptying into pots , you don't get enough root depth for decent plants if used as instructed, hence the advent of tomato halos.

A lot of people use fabric pots , it's pretty difficult to overwater fabs so I imagine they'd be great for novices, I've just gone back to solid plastic pots in the last 18 months having tried most options (air pots for example are a dick to water and will test yer patience)

:yinyang:

6 hours ago, snotbottom said:

10L ,

yes that sounds about right in the 1.2m2, dont go mad on the veg

I do 4 x 12L in that area, fabric pots, sit them in saucers to catch the run-off, remove run off

mystic

7 hours ago, snotbottom said:

1.2 x 1.2 , Migro aray 8 , 5 plants, scrog.

I am also thinking 10L , would that be enough do you think?

I use same lights in one of the tents-good choice ;)

I had 4-5 plants on that area in 12l pots and when changed to 20l pots I started getting more out of it.

Now I run 8-9 plants in the same space in 12l pots and again I get more out of it. 

I use cheap fabric pots

Thanks guys, so the fabric pots dont hold water? I had visions of soggy fabric pots holding water. I am putting a big trey down to catch the runoff then after watering I can empty the trey, it will be sat up on a few overturned pots , slight fall to one corner with a hole in that corner to drain into a container , I want to be able to flush the pots through on every watering.