oil from male flowers?

disco survivor

Searched the site for a similar thread but couldn't find anything so apologies if this has already been asked.

One of the processes I want to learn with my first ever grow is how to make Oil (RSO). Once I've harvested the feminised seeds from my STS treated feminised auto, I'll have no other use for the plant. I was wondering if it's possible to produce oil from this male flowering plant (even a weak strength oil). If so, I could use this plant material for a trial run before using the buds off the other autos.

I'll be using ethanol, electric water distiller and a basic coffee machine.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

large.64abc460c96cf_cbd107231.jpg

• Like 3

Here I searched Google for you......While male plants often contain less THC than female plants, you can still find cannabinoids in the leaves, stems, and flowers. You can extract resin from male plants to create concentrates like hash, oil, and wax. Even the pollen contains THC! Male plants produce copious amounts of pollen, which can be collected, pressed, and consumed to give you an adequate high. 

Doubt it will be that strong but I'd have thought at least as strong as sugar leaf trim. 

• Like 3

Yes, male leaves and stems have trichomes and produce oil, just not as much as females.  

Edited by Graywolf

I produce hash and oil from any herms I get, simply cos I cba sifting seeds out.

It'll be decent enough like, better than smoking the flower usually. I'd put that down to the concentration, just of course the yields will be smaller.

What I would say is, if you've reversed it, is STS safe to consume? That would be my only concern

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Simply answer is yes to using males. And as for making hash before anyone asks yes to. Pollen was a light colour hash. From what I remember was from s mix of males pollen and trichcombes & a lot of people preferred it. However as I understand it it your asking about a reversed plant? If this is the case then no you can't & shouldn't use it. The silver reaction that stops the female producing ethylene also creates some nasty toxic substance within the plant. :hippy:

• Like 1