Hanging Racks

GreenVision

Hi, thinking about starting to use one of those hanging nets for the second stage of drying porocess, the ones that look a bit like a fishing keep net, wondering if anyone that uses them or has used one could give an opinion?

Moving up to the loft so wont have the usual string across tent bars option any more. Having limited space I was thinking wet trim, hang up full plants then take of buds when half way dry / shrunk and put them on one these racks.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I have 3 sets of the mesh style ones ,  i bought them off fleabay ,  i have  -

1 round 800mm  6 section that clips together and use as many layers as you want.

1 round  500mm  4 section that clips together and use as many layers as you want.

1 swuare 400mm 5 section that clips together. and use as many layers as you want.

The square one is enclosed baskets  ,  the round ones open tops ,  i cut the tops off the square one !

I hang them inside large cardboard boxes and leave the larger stems  / branches hung over the lips and any loose smaller stuff flat on the nets. 

got zero complaint with them ,  sturdy , light and fold flat & back into their storage bags.        

• Like 1

@OldFord Hi ya mate, so do you ever put the larger buds on the mesh netting, like once its a bit drier, or do you only use it for small buds?

• Like 1

Just now, GreenVision said:

@OldFord Hi ya mate, so do you ever put the larger buds on the mesh netting, like once its a bit drier, or do you only use it for small buds?

I alwyas hang upside doe to try get the most out of them ,  and popcorn / little nugs all go on the net ,   once i have done a 10 - 14 dry and the branch snaps with a decent sound then a trim up and further few day on the net surfaces before jarring , only as when you cut you will get a slightly wetter end on the bud stalk.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OldFord said:

I alwyas hang upside doe to try get the most out of them ,  and popcorn / little nugs all go on the net ,   once i have done a 10 - 14 dry and the branch snaps with a decent sound then a trim up and further few day on the net surfaces before jarring , only as when you cut you will get a slightly wetter end on the bud stalk.  

Yh my concern was putting anything with weight whilst wet on the net might flatten / squeeze it.

So its safer to let it dry for a week or so before breaking it down and putting it on the netting?

I'll have to come up with some sort of hanging method then, maybe string across the width of the loft until its shrunk up enough it wont flatten out under its own weight on the netting.

Edited by GreenVision

Just now, GreenVision said:

Yh my concern was putting anything with weight whilst wet on the net might flatten / squeeze it.

So its safer to let it dry for a week or so before breaking it down and putting it on the netting?

I'll have to come up with some sort of hanging method then, maybe string across the width of the loft until its shrunk up enough it wont flatten out under its own weight on the netting.

Yeah mate  , i dont want to flatten it or have a flat side ,  so exactly that mate     Hung over the sides til it snaps ,  then trim and onto nets to dry again before the jars  .

Cant you just use some rabbit mesh and hang via the holes ,  saves a huge run of string ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldFord said:

Cant you just use some rabbit mesh

If I can fit it in then defo will be a mesh of some kind mate, cheers for the replies etc. Nice one.

• Like 1