Auto forbidden cherry grow

moley27

Hi, this is my first grow in the last 5 years and I've forgotten how to know when to harvest. I bought Dutch passion auto flowering forbidden cherry . It's about 8 weeks old and looks fab and very purple. I see lots of trichomes with my jewlers loop. . I've been feeding it fairly regularly with biobizz bloom. 

My question is the plant looks healthy. None of the fan leaves have gone yellow. I had some hairy white growth that has now gone brown and died. The trichomes have developed little balls but it's difficult to tell if they have turned as they are purple in colour. According to Dutch passion website it takes 70- 80 days , mine are nearly 70 days since sprouting. So how can I tell if it's ready to harvest ? I will need to flush for 2 weeks before I chop it down

Thanks

• Like 3

Can you get pics up mate ?    Much easier to tell how far on she is by pics.     

Hows the trichs on & around the buds ?    Stages will be  - clear / cloudy / milky / amber / grey ??  

I like mine well cooked so i aim for milky / amber.     A few grey means trichs starting to get past their best.    

Use a magnifying glass / jewellers loupe ,  even your phone zoomed in and then look at the pics zoomed in :yep:

Chop directly after a dark period as daylight decays thc.  

All the best with it mate

Lovely looking plant sir :yep:      I did have one until the slime brigade decided they wanted it :wallbash:

OK , you still got white pistils aplenty on top ,  you got a fewweeks to roll on her ,  review her weekly and see how you go mate

What aromas you getting ??     I was looking forward to running her ,  think your is the first i have seen outdoor grown.    

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Lovely looking plant sir :yep:      I did have one until the slime brigade decided they wanted it :wallbash:

OK , you still got white pistils aplenty on top ,  you got a fewweeks to roll on her ,  review her weekly and see how you go mate

What aromas you getting ??     I was looking forward to running her ,  think your is the first i have seen outdoor grown.    

Most of the white pistils have gone brown. I found it very easy to grow and it stinks!!!

• Like 1

Just now, moley27 said:

Most of the white pistils have gone brown. I found it very easy to grow and it stinks!!!

Love me a stinker :yep:       Can you do a good close up of the bud tips ,  might be easier to tell.  

DONT go by breeders times lol     Those are for an optimum , indoor grown plant in perfect conditions,  its a loose guideline sir.    

• Like 2

large.IMG_20230717_175950_283.jpglarge.IMG_20230717_174802_287.jpg

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Just now, moley27 said:

This is about as close as I can get. Wish I seeded more now !!

My usual quote " More is Betterer " lol         From those pics your def a few weeks away from what im seeing , def another week and review :yep:

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

My usual quote " More is Betterer " lol         From those pics your def a few weeks away from what im seeing , def another week and review :yep:

Ok thanks OldFord, appreciate you saying. I will feed for one more week and start to flush. I guess fan leaves not dying and going yellow is still possible as I thought that was a good indication. Cheers 

• Like 1

Just now, moley27 said:

Ok thanks OldFord, appreciate you saying. I will feed for one more week and start to flush. I guess fan leaves not dying and going yellow is still possible as I thought that was a good indication. Cheers 

I do find some of the darker / reds / purples dont fade out as much as the green plants , but they do fade sir.     

Outdoors i wouldnt worry too much on a 2wk flush  ,  a couple of waters in the finak week and you will be fine.    

I gorw in a hay medoum and only water flush the final wetting ,  end product is very very clean and true tasting , smokes clean ,  a bit diff if your indoor growing.  

Shout next week and we can look at her again :yep:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moley27 said:

Hi, this is my first grow in the last 5 years and I've forgotten how to know when to harvest. I bought Dutch passion auto flowering forbidden cherry . It's about 8 weeks old and looks fab and very purple. I see lots of trichomes with my jewlers loop. . I've been feeding it fairly regularly with biobizz bloom. 

look at the buds....trichomes...not on the leaves

gallery_22583_12519_2022.jpg

pistels get brown by (rain) water...so dont look at them...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

I agree with @OldFord shes about a couple weeks away yet by the looks of her @moley27..as said dont go by what the breeders state and just use that as a bit of a guide. There are so many variables that can alter her finishing time but she is nearly there :thumsup:

Beautiful looking plant and really healthy looking, give yourself a pat on the back dude you have done a great job with her :yep:

• Like 1