Fan Controllers for both in and out?

GreenVision

@LK1  I have actually looked into those mate.

TBH I'd have liked to go that way, I prefer the minimal side of things.

The V4 Enviro just has it all in one unit, plus the new 4 socket setup, I cant turn it down. :yep:

1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

The V4 Enviro

how do those v4 enviro's compare to the ac infinity controllers? is there anything that 1 can do that the other cannot?

mystic

6 hours ago, mysticriver said:

how do those v4 enviro's compare to the ac infinity controllers? is there anything that 1 can do that the other cannot?

mystic

the V4 is now 26 amps and can handle older ac and newer ec fans plus it has outputs for any electrical on/off device like a humidifier,  dehumidifier,  heater, etc although I find these devices that just on and off a dehumidifier can break the compressor, my igenix 50L is toast now so I treated myself to a quest :)

the 69 pro can also accommodate on off plugs but these are only available US atm or I haven't seen them in UK yet. the enviro controller by gas has a lot of features like negative pressure and fan balancing, I'm sure there will be firmware updates for the ac infinity but the gas stuff is waaaay better imo.

if i was to get a new controller for everything  I'd probably go trolmaster

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sweettooth said:

f i was to get a new controller for everything  I'd probably go trolmaster

isn't the price on the ac infinities the best thing? I thought those trollmasters were couple hundred £

mystic

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

isn't the price on the ac infinities the best thing? I thought those trollmasters were couple hundred £

mystic

yeah the ac controllers are well priced and unsure if you could control an ac infinity fan using a non infinity controller, maybe with the converter used the other way plugged into a gas controller???

TMs are  couple of hundred yeah and then add on the adapters for light control and humidity control but the enviro V4 is 350 ish and won't control my dehumidifier the way I need, it's the way it goes I guess lol

21 hours ago, sweettooth said:

won't control my dehumidifier the way I need,

remind me what that is again - mines on a electronic timer 30 mins on/20 off, I take it you control w/humidity sensor?

mystic

Edited by mysticriver

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2023 at 9:48 PM, GreenVision said:

I'm in the loft so I really need the ability to control the environment. Summer in a loft is a nightmare, I'm going large so if I needed it then it's there.

The passive intakes are a precaution, if the outtake exceeds the intake it will throttle the intake fan and could burn out the motor. Especially as I'm going a fair bit larger with the out than the in.

I think I'll have to email GAS. Its quite a technical question and I think there may even be a way to programme into the controller which fans it is and have not let the positive pressure ever happen.

I use a smscom twin controller and plug in the in and out fan/filters and set the temperature but in the loft you will need a heater to keep your temperature up its hard maintaining your temperature in the loft and you will have a lot of electricity costs for heater I used a haven temperature control electric radiator but it was costing me to much to run so I have moved out of the loft and I now have 2 outfans and filters and 4 in fans as the room is 14ft x 12ft and I am finally getting temperature control and humidity its nor easy but the temperature is really important for getting good results happy growing 

8 hours ago, Grow lady said:

I use a smscom twin controller and plug in the in and out fan/filters and set the temperature but in the loft you will need a heater to keep your temperature up its hard maintaining your temperature in the loft and you will have a lot of electricity costs for heater I used a haven temperature control electric radiator but it was costing me to much to run so I have moved out of the loft and I now have 2 outfans and filters and 4 in fans as the room is 14ft x 12ft and I am finally getting temperature control and humidity its nor easy but the temperature is really important for getting good results happy growing 

The loft will be converted. I figured it would be better to spend the money correctly fitting out the loft rather than doing it half measure and paying to keep it warm / cool. Full roof insulation and board, uprights and two ends all insulated and boarded, loft floor will be freshly insulated and floor boarded. If done right the loft will be able to hold its own heat in the winter without any issues, cooling in summer will be more challenging, but I have a 3600m3 p/h 12" fan so I got that covered too.

By the time I'm finished it'll be as warm or cool as any room in the house. The original question was about the technical side of keeping a negative pressure with a different sized intake fan. In a tent you can usually gauge it by the sides pulling inwards, so even if the maths was wrong or the controller didn't match the numbers between the two fans correctly you could still look at the tent and say to yourself its got negative pressure. However in a room the size of an entire loft with solid walls Im relying purely on the maths / controller, I'm at the mercy of it working correctly.

Since posting though I've done a fair bit of research, made a few calls to grow shops etc. It does look like the GAS controller is the way to go. According to the company the controller will recognise the fans on some level, and if I programe it correctly it will handle the negative pressure at all times.

Also, I intend on having two passive vents, as 3600m3 is a LOT of air movement. The intake fan will feed the room its fresh air, but as the room is going to be all but air tight I'll need some release in case the outtake is pulling a noticeable more amount of air in that the intake is feeding, in this case the two passives will feed the exra air needed. If I can feel any air coming "OUT" of the passive's oncve the system is running then I know I have positive pressure. Also these will at least give me a heads up of any smell leak rather than it leaking outside the house first.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

In a tent you can usually gauge it by the sides pulling inwards,

just a quick thing - my lung room, I can always feel the air rushing in, if I open a small gap in the door. theres 2 tents & extraction fans so theres plenty of air being expelled, I bet it would be the same with your 12" Ex, try putting your hand near the loft opening......

in my head it seemed like a solution for testing for negative pressure, now as I type this im not so sure.... left it uo anyway so u could decide

nah its bollox all ur feeling is the air rushing in. 

mystic

Edited by mysticriver

• 3 weeks later...