Dry sift tumbler

prawn

Anyone know of a decent size tumbler for sale? (500grams at a time would be ideal)

have a years worth of dry trim - would like to make drysift.
Bubble magic pollen tumbler looks good - but can only find in U.S.

Edited by prawn

I waited for a 20% off sale at Alibongo to buy my 150g machine (after giving up all hope of buying one for less from Europe after brexit and the covid shipping hike) 

They have a 500g machine too 

I also have a years worth of trim in the freezer waiting for me to pull my thumb out, has about a inch of kif in the bottom, I been watching a few vids on youtube about the traditional Moroccan way of beating the goodness out of it with a silk screen and layer of thick plastic over the top. Fancy giving it a go.

19 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

I waited for a 20% off sale at Alibongo to buy my 150g machine (after giving up all hope of buying one for less from Europe after brexit and the covid shipping hike) 

They have a 500g machine too 

Perfect - exactly what i was looking for - cheers ;)
(do they have sales often? wonderung if worth waiting a bit...)

edit* sod it.. bought it.. cheers for the heads up - was waaaycheaper than anywhere else I looked ;)

Edited by prawn
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Barry blunt said:

I also have a years worth of trim in the freezer waiting for me to pull my thumb out, has about a inch of kif in the bottom, I been watching a few vids on youtube about the traditional Moroccan way of beating the goodness out of it with a silk screen and layer of thick plastic over the top. Fancy giving it a go.

haha yeah been  watching those vids too.. gonna get a tumbler tho - much more clean n efficient (and much less work :D

sooo.... I've bought one.. whats the best way to use it? 
from what  I've gathered you freeze the (dry) trim first for half hr then stick it in and let it spin for 20mins?
is it that simple? anyone done this before?
have a fair amount to process so don't want to mess up  first try like usual :D

They've had promos for the Dank Holidays, 420 and 710 so far this year 

I freeze overnight, fill 1/3 to 1/2 way, run it for about 2 hours, then chuck it back in the freezer so you can do it again tomorrow. 

I think 3 tumbles gets most of it without too much contamination 

You want the motor turning slower than they say, so you can see the material tumbling (not like the centrifuges in some of the youtube vids lol)

You can see the kief change colour as you collect it if you gather it up with a credit card or something every 15 mins or so and put the collected kief in piles on a sheet of white paper. It'll get darker and you'll see the rate of collection slow down the longer you run it, to help you judge when you want to stop 

Edited by Hippie on hill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

They've had promos for the Dank Holidays, 420 and 710 so far this year 

I freeze overnight, fill 1/3 to 1/2 way, run it for about 2 hours, then chuck it back in the freezer so you can do it again tomorrow. 

I think 3 tumbles gets most of it without too much contamination 

You want the motor turning slower than they say, so you can see the material tumbling (not like the centrifuges in some of the youtube vids lol)

You can see the kief change colour as you collect it if you gather it up with a credit card or something every 15 mins or so and put the collected kief in piles on a sheet of white paper. It'll get darker and you'll see the rate of collection slow down the longer you run it, to help you judge when you want to stop 

Thank you mate - you've been a great help - from finding the tumbler to detailed instructions, you're a star, will post some photos up with results ;)

• Like 1