Autoflower Feeding.

Guggsy

My autos are currently into flower. Growing in PM soil. I have read in places it is best to use grow and bloom at the same time during flowering, which is what I am doing.

I am growing in 11 litre pots outdoors. I started them with grow nutrient, and now in flowering I use grow and bloom. 1ml per litre of grow, and 1ml per litre of bloom. 14ml in total as I use a 7 litre watering can. I am not going by what the bottles of nutes say as I know you are supposed to feed Auto's  less, than what the recommended dosage on the bottles. I am just worried about nute burn or under feeding, as some of the bottom leaves are turning yellow, I know this can be natural part of the cycle, as the auto's come into flower. I am feeding them each time I water, which is roughly every 3 days, as the soil feels very dry, after 3rd day. I am dividing 7 litres of water between 3 pots. I am growing 7 plants in total. 6 autos, and 1 photo.

Any advise please is much appreciated.  

From your photos on 6th of June,

you can see that blue cheese auto 3 is starting to consume itself to support the bud formation.

As @Openairbud says,

slap up some recent photos,

a mixture of full plant photos and some closer ups of the sections with leaf damage,

should give us the best idea of exactly what’s going on and how best to proceed :yep:

If you really want to improve your grows,

I’d highly recommend you run a grow diary with semi regular updates.

It will help you and us :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

@shumroom @Openairbud I'll put some pictures up, I usually do put pictures up but it's such a ball ache having to resize them to make them compatible for this site. those pictures of the blue cheese are from last year. Growing 3x White Widow autos this year, and 3x Royal AK autos this year, and 1x special Kush photo this year. The reason I went with the Special Kush was A) I thought it was going to be another hot summer, so I wanted to grow something that will do well in the heat, B) Over the 5 years of me growing, I have never grown a Photoperiod, so I thought I will give it a try.

I'm no expert but I start low (0.5 ml / l) and keep increasing (by 0.5 ml / l) every other feed until I see any visual signs of over feeding. My current run (see my BSM grow diary) are a few weeks away and they are taking 4 ml / l (shotgun terra bloom) and looking like they want more!

I feed autos from day 1 of flower,that's 21 to 28 days from seed, bio bizz 1ml grow/bloom 1ml cal mag. In 2 weeks time they are at 3ml bloom and 1ml grow 1ml cal mag.  Never needed to go over 3ml and had some cracking sized autos.

Big pot is important but it can be problematic outdoors if it gets water clogged,on mate's plot they were in 15 to 20l pots and after rain I could barely lift the pot

• Like 1

@Herbal Kint I am not to worried about using cal mag, due to where I live it is hard water, which means there should be enough cal and mag nutrients in the water already. I don' really use any other nutrients like boost and all that other stuff. I just use the base nutes Grow and Bloom, mixed in normal tap water in a 7 litre can, keeping it simple. Once my photo begins to flower i will start feeding it bloom as well along with the grow. I just hope i get a good crop this year to see me through till next years grow. I got shit loads last year managed to fill 21  1 litre jars.

3 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

I feed autos from day 1 of flower,that's 21 to 28 days from seed, bio bizz 1ml grow/bloom 1ml cal mag. In 2 weeks time they are at 3ml bloom and 1ml grow 1ml cal mag.  Never needed to go over 3ml and had some cracking sized autos.

Big pot is important but it can be problematic outdoors if it gets water clogged,on mate's plot they were in 15 to 20l pots and after rain I could barely lift the pot

Didn't he have very good drainage in his 20l pots

The other thing is Plant magic new feed Part A + part B says to use both in equal quantities, throughout the plants life cycle, only difference I see in part A to Part B, Part A is slightly weaker than Part B. Hence I am using both PM Grow and PM Bloom. The new stuff is still sealed. once I have run out of PM Bloom, I will move on to the new PM nutes A+B.

@Openairbud @Shumroom I have put up some pictures of this years grow.

From left to right, Special Kush Photoperiod, Royal AK 1 Auto, Royal AK Auto 2, Royal AK Auto 3, White Widow 1 Auto, White Widow 2 Auto, White Widow Auto 3.

large.Group1.jpglarge.Group2.jpglarge.64b003f6a8d35_WhiteWidow3Auto.jpglarge.64b003ed7edf2_WhiteWidow2Auto.jpglarge.64b003e524f2f_WhiteWidow1Auto.jpglarge.64b003c0169e5_SpecialKushphotoperiod.jpglarge.64b003a870d93_RoyalAKAuto3.jpglarge.64b003a003034_RoyalAKAuto1.jpglarge.64b00395c0a12_RoyalAK2.jpg

large.64b00ab8026c9_CannabisPlantMagicnutrients.jpg

Currently I am using the PM grow on my Photoperiod and PM Grow/Bloom for my Autos, once the bloom runs out i will use the PM A+B.

• Like 3

Not much wrong with them :) 

Maybe a couple could take slightly stronger feeds,

but that would mean making individual feeds for half of them.

keep doing what you're doing :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1