Outdoor luck

latitude54

Is it my imagination or are outdoor autos 75% luck? 
I had a few out in that epic sunshine we had late May and they grew like anything, easily waist high when they flowered. The ones I’ve got out now haven’t had that same luxury. Rain, clouds and lower temps. They’re 10 inch tall and going to flower. 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 4

When i was doing 2 big runs of outdoor autos i always found the earlier ones better ,  cold start but they cooked in better end sunshine,  the later one veg period was great and came up & filled out fast but then the cooking stages was of lesser standards than the earlier.    

I still wont change though :yep:       I love my autos , never really had any dramas other than the slime brigade love an early auto ..... lost numerous this year :wallbash:

Plus when your strictly outdoors its nice to see some form of budding late spring early summer as opposed to looking at fems in veg lol      

Autos i will always have some space in the garden :wub:

• Like 8

My best offering outside in the garden this year is a Gorilla Cookie auto. I have hardly done anything to it. It is being grown in a mix of compost and used Coco in a 20l pot. Although we have global warming it has pissed it down regularly so sodden substrates don't help with regular feeds. It is situated in a spot that gets sunlight 8am-8pm (at the moment). It's about 2ft tall and has started flowering.

It hasn't been a good year outside for me. However there are other factors that have limited my time in the garden this year. My Tomato plants are naff too.

Let's hope for a sunny August hey!

large.20230711_201329.jpg
Gorilla Cooke Auto

• Like 4

@latitude54, mine are the same, cropped 2 that i started in april, the later ones are either flowering on very small plants or no growth.  I've started some more inside on a windowsill, keeping them a bit warmer at night, and put them out during the day. Nothing but rain and wind for me for the last week or so. it's been 9-12 degrees at night.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Gorilla Cookie (auto) update

large.20230729_182358.jpg

It's coming on OK. My Exo MOB's are small but flowering. I have spent very little time or effort on my backyard grow this year. So £ for £ I can't complain.

Edited by Lux_Interior
I spelt Gorilla wrong.
  • Like 2