Dinafem Critical + smoke reports please/

Amnesia

Thinking of my next grow i have some Dinafem Critical + here. I really like a nice fruity tasting smoke not too heavy and i hear these could be right up my street.

Are they a nice tasty smoke? If anyone has grew these out i'd love to hear if they recommend them. :yep:

A friend of mine had a long list of strains he'd grown and the critical+ 2.0 was his highest recommendation not sure what the difference is between the two though he said the yield off the 2.0 was amazing and the smoke was top notch

• Like 1

Hi, I've been been on a wild goose chase trying to find these beans for last few months. I've only grown Critical Mass from Mr Nice ages ago and I presume they must share some of the same lineage... phenos were all over the shop with the best ones pretty hazey and a crazy high yield although the Indica dom phenos where ridiculously quick, high yielding but terrible mould magnets and a bit weak...

Never grown Dinafem C+ or the 2.0 version (so I should stop clogging up your thread really sorry..) but I've only heard good things about it, strong Indica(ish) smoke with fast Sativa(ish) growth pattern...and massive yield with added mould resistance. So ticks a lot of boxes and everything I grew from Dinafem in past was very uniform.

I've been having a bit of a chew on finding something similar.. as Dinafem are closed at mo.. (i'm a bit out of touch)..Tried to pop a 5 pack from Silent Seeds (who are meant to have their genetics) but they were all dud (attitude says will try to contact company for replacement on my next order..)  I've got 3 bootleg c+ name and breeder escapes me how organised i am :upside: (will check on Monday where I bought them)on go at mo, only about 10 days in so early days but seem very vigorous veggers and Indica Dom, which sounds promising. 

Anyways I think they should be a good punt, but what do I know...I'm really keen on getting some myself as I can't be bothered to pheno hunt through Critical Mass packets again which are crazy expensive and even the best Hazey phenos were a bit to bland like commercial dutch if that makes any sense, where as the smoke off the C+2.0 sounds right up my street a kind of functional relaxing Indica hybrid with a fruity taste from what I've heard... So good luck to you mate.:yep:

Edited by kripa
  • Like 1

I did one a few years back now, big yeilder, average smoke. It did the trick but nowt to write home about. Just the one seed though. large.20181004_223648-1548x2064.jpglarge.20180929_225240-1548x2064.jpglarge.20180929_231819-1548x2064.jpglarge.20181003_225327-1548x2064.jpglarge.20181003_225343-1548x2064.jpg

These pics were at 11 weeks, not sure when I took it down.

@Amnesia

Edited by Openairbud
  • Like 3

I did both auto and fems,had some nice plants out of then,looks chunky as Openairs,pretty consistent strain especially fems. Grows big if you get her in decent pot

gallery_24254_11600_44490.jpg

med_gallery_24254_11600_57304.jpgmed_gallery_24254_11600_122106.jpgmed_gallery_24254_11600_79453.jpggallery_24254_11600_35972.jpg

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

Pics look good :yep: pretty similar to the Critical Mass I grew years ago and exactly as Herbal Kint says likes to spread out in big pot. I accidently discovered this doing a messy indoor grow in wilko buckets vegged from seed under HPS for about 7 weeks, then about 8 weeks more on 12/12 and was getting in the region of 15 zips a plant. My gram per watt would have been awful so not cock swinging and still is :mellow:  They outgrew the 1.2 x 2.4 then took over a room and had a 600w over each plant as they were so big, Mrs Kripa was threatening to leave me by this stage :upside: But in those days when leccy tariffs were much.. friendlier. I'd like to grow something similar again but do it properly like you boys do with some decent training and maybe LED technology. What was the smoke like btw?

P.S. i tried some kind of failed sog thing afterwards with the clones in rockwool (thinking I could get some of those crazy gpws I read about) and it was a complete disaster :wallbash: the single colas went mouldy and and i was only getting about 10 grams a plant on the survivors.. so big pots and lots of topping seemed to be what it liked. Imagine would be awesome scrogged in dwc, but I can't do either of those things properly so...:wassnnme:

• Like 1

On 08/07/2023 at 5:31 PM, kripa said:

"I've been having a bit of a chew on finding something similar.. as Dinafem are closed at mo.. (i'm a bit out of touch)..Tried to pop a 5 pack from Silent Seeds (who are meant to have their genetics) but they were all dud (attitude says will try to contact company for replacement on my next order..)  I've got 3 bootleg c+ name and breeder escapes me how organised i am :upside: (will check on Monday where I bought them)on go at mo, only about 10 days in so early days but seem very vigorous veggers and Indica Dom, which sounds promising"

Back again replying to my own posts :wassnnme: That's probably why Mrs Kripa was happy to stay in Bolivia and send me back to UK :rolleyes:

Don't want to criticise Silent Seeds.. Maybe was something wrong at my end and checking my order history was a 3 pack that I couldn't germ...

The freebies were all good in same environment but maybe Criticals were particularly sensitive beans or there was something off with my rockwool cubes that I was trying to germ them in that didn't affect the others... Anyway I've ordered a new pack and flagged the issue via Seedbank so I'll have at least another 3 to try with in the next few days and will start a diary if that's OK with site bosses? As pics or it didn't happen and I keep chatting sh"t and haven't uploaded anything other than a weird song with a man on horse :rolleyes:

Edited by kripa
typo / formatting error on my part with quotes

On 08/07/2023 at 6:43 PM, Openairbud said:

I did one a few years back now, big yeilder, average smoke. It did the trick but nowt to write home about. Just the one seed though. large.20181004_223648-1548x2064.jpglarge.20180929_225240-1548x2064.jpglarge.20180929_231819-1548x2064.jpglarge.20181003_225327-1548x2064.jpglarge.20181003_225343-1548x2064.jpg

These pics were at 11 weeks, not sure when I took it down.

@Amnesia

she's got some chunk to her

mystic

• Like 2