Diagnosis please?

DopeyDooby

Hi all. I've looked through as many pics as I can find on leaves that look like this but still unsure what the problem is. Can anyone enlighten me please? It's a super silver haze and nearly into it's 3 week of flowering. Using Canna coco nutes, canna boost, rhizotonic and cannazym. EC is kept a bit below recommended (0.8-1.0) and temps are between 20c and 25c.

large.64a87ada53d91_20230707_211735-Copy.jpglarge.64a87adc52c04_20230707_211804-Copy.jpglarge.64a87adb2f89c_20230707_211742-Copy.jpg

Hiya @DopeyDooby :) 

Yeah a full plant photograph or two will also help with the diagnosis :thumsup:

I was wondering what lighting you've got the plant under?

I know you mentioned coco nutes,

does that mean it's growing in coco?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

It's moved a bit of magnesium or other mobile mineral. That's what the brown spots usually are. If it's on the lower leaves, it's pretty normal I find. I think, sometimes there's a variation in the flow of nutes, roots got cold or temporary change in the nute mix, and that's how a plant deals with it. If you see a definite pattern of it progressing up the leaves, there's a longer lasting problem that needs sorting.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

@DopeyDooby you've mentioned temps, what's your humidity like, more than often your temps are too low, and humidity too low.

try and aim for 27 lights on and 65 RH% and keep lights off at 24, doesn't matter too much at this stage about lights off RH%, that strains a longer flowering so you've got quite a few weeks until you need to worry about RH%. as long as your airflow good.

been using led a while now (assuming you are as I never get these issues under hids) and its always environment related. could do with upping your ec a tad too.

when reporting issues always include as much as you can:

lighting including distance from plants

medium & potsize

environment - temps and RH%

(I never bother myself) but EC & PH

Full photos.

Is it just one plant or all of them?

• Like 3

EC seems a bit low for me, coco, led, week 3 flowering, I would want my EC to be around 1.5

mystic

• Like 4

calcium or ph spots. hows your roots?

over watering is possible in coco, and them spots are usually a sign.

why all the boosts and potions ? they grow well enough with just grow a&b ,in veg and then bloom a&b ,try it you may be surprised.

• Like 1

Thanks again all for your help! Greatly appreciated. So I've just stuck a wee heater in there so will start trying to get the temp up a few degrees. Ph is always between 6.2 - 5.5. In 20L fabric pots in coco coir. Humidity is 85% atm but I can drop it down a bit later with a dehumidifer. LED 300w lights about 1.5/2 feet as I thought it might be burning from lights. Also thought it might be wind burn but all fans now point up or against sides and not directly at plant.

It's also only a few leaves over the 4 plants. The majority look nice and green and healthy.

3 hours ago, Mr mcgregor said:

calcium or ph spots. hows your roots?

over watering is possible in coco, and them spots are usually a sign.

why all the boosts and potions ? they grow well enough with just grow a&b ,in veg and then bloom a&b ,try it you may be surprised.

:D I'll drop the extras and stick to the A+B from now on then thanks. I guess in this case, less is more ;)  Could be overwatering as I have been watering every day recently (have dropped it to once every 2 days recently)

I did add a wee drop of calmag into the mix a week or so ago, but small amount cause I'm always paranoid about over feeding, which is why I kept the EC low.

Hope this info (and photos below) help with the diagnonsis.
large.20230708_205504.jpglarge.20230708_205119.jpglarge.20230708_204324.jpglarge.20230708_204311.jpglarge.20230708_204339.jpglarge.20230708_204243.jpglarge.20230708_204234.jpglarge.20230708_204214.jpglarge.20230708_204208.jpg

Edited by DopeyDooby

Your ec seems a little low for 3rd week I use canna coco and I know all plants are different but I’d be 1.5 to 1.6 at this stage what’s your ph when you mix up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

Your ec seems a little low for 3rd week I use canna coco and I know all plants are different but I’d be 1.5 to 1.6 at this stage what’s your ph when you mix up.

Usually just under 6, but I'll up the EC now thanks

Edited by DopeyDooby

21 minutes ago, Danny killerZ said:

Good veg efforts for a 300 watt attis pro 

Lumatek ATS300w Pro