first time grower

Royalbear95

Hi everybody new grower here i have germinated a seed in paper towel then stuck it in a little plastic bottle until it develops enough roots for my big pot i am using moorlands multi purpose compost mixed with a bit of potting mix i also have some 4-4-4 babybio and tomato feed too should i just water the plant if its in the compost and add flower nutes after 4 weeks or so will the this multi purpose stuff have nutes to last whole veg ?

thanks

Welcome to the club!!!! 

My advice would be plain water until either she looks hungry or displays clear signs of flowering

• Like 1

I'm new to growing cannabis but a seasoned amateur gardener when it comes to cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and chilli's. as @Idicanna jones has said, plain water. By far the most important thing for seeds is a well draining, loose mix to impede root growth as little as possible. You'll be surprised how much compacting water can do. You need to add horticultural Perlite or Vermiculite. By horticultural, they're just referring to granular size, nothing more special than that. Regarding feeding cycle, I'm just following the same system I've been doing for years with the toms and cucumbers. 

45 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

Welcome to the club!!!! 

My advice would be plain water until either she looks hungry or displays clear signs of flowering

thanks i will just feed water then thanks for the input

13 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

I'm new to growing cannabis but a seasoned amateur gardener when it comes to cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and chilli's. as @Idicanna jones has said, plain water. By far the most important thing for seeds is a well draining, loose mix to impede root growth as little as possible. You'll be surprised how much compacting water can do. You need to add horticultural Perlite or Vermiculite. By horticultural, they're just referring to granular size, nothing more special than that. Regarding feeding cycle, I'm just following the same system I've been doing for years with the toms and cucumbers. 

she has popped up and got the 2 leaves open i will just feed water and see what the compost does for her then tend to as needed cheers 

• Like 1