ONA GEL

MoT

Pretty simple question really, has anyone used this product (ONA) and does it actually work? For around 13 quid is it worth while getting one, just as a secondary assistant?

Thanks folks

• Like 1

I find it good come harvest time, besides that there should be no need for it as the carbon filter should be doing its job.

• Like 2

I want to try these, one thing I did read that made me pause was that the way they work, you don't want them in the same room as your grow as your plants will absorb the aroma of the ONAs. I don't know if this is right or not, but might be something to consider. If your grow is in your house, then having one outside the room is possibly best. I'm in my shed so I can't have one unless it's in here with the grow.

But thats just one thing I read.

• Like 4

Very good this stuff,

I’m a big fan :D 

Don’t have it in the intake path of your plants fresh air supply or lung room etc.

It’s great for having some near your front door :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hashslag said:

I want to try these, one thing I did read that made me pause was that the way they work, you don't want them in the same room as your grow as your plants will absorb the aroma of the ONAs. I don't know if this is right or not, but might be something to consider. If your grow is in your house, then having one outside the room is possibly best. I'm in my shed so I can't have one unless it's in here with the grow.

But thats just one thing I read.

When I grow on my windowsill I have 2 sat right next to the pot, never noticed any flavours transfering to the bud myself. 

ONA does work pretty well, but it's basically just neutradol, all the smells are horrible as well, think public toilet/urinal cake. I do like having them around though. You can reseal them with tape when not in use, stops them melting/evaporating away. 

• Like 2

@MindSoup the gel is a wee bit different to the block.

It’s like water absorbing crystals with the liquid smell added,

you can buy more liquid to recharge it too :) 

Atb

• Like 1

I've got gel ones and block ones I think, well ones which are full of chunks of jelly and some that look more like wax, the wax ones last longer, but they don't smell as strong. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

I've read that some people and pets can have allergic reactions to them, so something to watch out for when you first crack one open.

I myself wouldn't use a terp eliminator unless it was after I had done finished trimming and my weed is already in jars, that's when the place stinks the most lol

I burn incense sticks after trimming at about 5am in the morning:ohmygod:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

You couldn't pay me to use ONA these days - regardless of the scent used, the smell is so recognizable so as to render it useless as its just as much of a give away as the actual smell of cannabis is. If any of you caught a whiff of ONA your first thought would be "Whos croppin?"

• Like 5

I can't stand the stuff personally, it will strip smell and potencey from your buds.

Mrs Delta opened one up while I was trimming (because it smells she said!) and those buds were well and truly trashed. They lost strength and odour as well as tasting of fucking Ona.

Like @Shumroom says don't get it in the path of your airflow/lung room etc as in high enough concentrations it will utterly fuck up your drying buds.

I'll be trimming inside the tent again at this rate!

• Like 3

Totally agree with the above, it is potent smelling and i guess would taint your buds if put in the same room or air intake of the growroom, my cupboard is inside a room and i'd never even put it in the room as the ona scent would be drawn in. I find it useful to put in other parts of the property only when cropping especially near the outside doors. i do put a towel at the bottom of the door i'm harvesting in but the smell still escapes when going for breaks etc, not to mention your clothes stink too. Clothes in the wash and a shower after harvesting for me. :yep:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GSZZ said:

just as much of a give away as the actual smell of cannabis

This.

Cherry powerblast was (probably still is?) proper bait too.

• Like 2

I always wondered what the funny smell and taste was on the weed my mate grew

he used an ONA block on the outtake and was venting into the same room.

The bud dried and had a tint to it, ditched the block..... no funny tasting weed

• Like 1