Clawing, how can I help her recover?

Hularius

Hello everyone so here is my first post. So far just been reading everything I could. I started my first grow with some gorrilla glue autos. One of them is doing great but the other one seems a bit sad. Looks like wind burn and maybe something else really not sure at this point. First I thought It was underwater as probably every novice thinks that when the plant is drooping. So I made sure next time I don't wait too long until next water. Nothing changed, she didn't perk up so maybe overwater? So I left her get a little dry before water and still nothing. Then I thought it was wind burn so I turned it down a bit and gave her some time to rest as before I had the fan always on. And still nothing not sure how I can help her at this point. If anyone could help me help her recover that would be lovely. Attaching as many pics as I can for reference

Forum wouldn't let upload pics on my phone :(

Edited by Owderb
Pics removed. Please upload to here. Thanks
  • Like 1

Pics can be a bit tricky but keep trying. They'll need to be under 1mb and sometimes the site will glitch out, but if you log out and back in again you'll get there eventually. There is a site overhaul currently underway so things should be fixed fairly soon. 

On 7/1/2023 at 9:35 AM, Hularius said:

Hello everyone so here is my first post. So far just been reading everything I could. I started my first grow with some gorrilla glue autos. One of them is doing great but the other one seems a bit sad. Looks like wind burn and maybe something else really not sure at this point. First I thought It was underwater as probably every novice thinks that when the plant is drooping. So I made sure next time I don't wait too long until next water. Nothing changed, she didn't perk up so maybe overwater? So I left her get a little dry before water and still nothing. Then I thought it was wind burn so I turned it down a bit and gave her some time to rest as before I had the fan always on. And still nothing not sure how I can help her at this point. If anyone could help me help her recover that would be lovely. Attaching as many pics as I can for reference

Forum wouldn't let upload pics on my phone :(

all my disasters this year were gorilla glues too.

Mine were outside.

Got exact same as all other plants, food, potting compost, neem, the works.

THEY CURLED, DROOPED FADED AND PRETTY MUCH DIED.

I don't understand it.

I hit them with a vicious pesticide for a finish which made a difference but it was too late and the pesticide I used is for roses, not canna plants.

I wonder whether it's something to do with the seeds. I tried all you did, thinking heat burn, drought, too wet etc. I couldn't see anything on them with a microscope.

All germinated 27 april, none exceeded 8inches, stems never strengthened.

one even got leaf miners , I'd not seen that before..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kittythemonkey said:

all my disasters this year were gorilla glues too.

Mine were outside.

Got exact same as all other plants, food, potting compost, neem, the works.

THEY CURLED, DROOPED FADED AND PRETTY MUCH DIED.

I don't understand it.

I hit them with a vicious pesticide for a finish which made a difference but it was too late and the pesticide I used is for roses, not canna plants.

I wonder whether it's something to do with the seeds. I tried all you did, thinking heat burn, drought, too wet etc. I couldn't see anything on them with a microscope.

All germinated 27 april, none exceeded 8inches, stems never strengthened.

one even got leaf miners , I'd not seen that before..

I may have found what was wrong with mine. I went and checked if they are root bound and she was well both of plants were root bound and they were in plastic pots so since they are not even in the 4th  week of flowering I decided to repot them. Didn't damage any roots I hope so they should recover soon I hope. If not no worries. Learn and keep growing 

• Like 1

Did they look a bit like this?
large.MohanRoots.JPG

or more like this?

large.BigFootsRoots.JPG

Did you know that our plants don’t put much effort into producing roots by the time they are 4 weeks into flowering?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Did they look a bit like this?
large.MohanRoots.JPG

or more like this?

large.BigFootsRoots.JPG

Did you know that our plants don’t put much effort into producing roots by the time they are 4 weeks into flowering?

Atb

:yinyang:

Hey thanks for your reply. Yes I did know that but I think I didn't give them much room to stretch when I repotted just before flower. And those pics are some lovely roots. Mine didn't look like that at all actually instead it looked a bit more like spiral right at the bottom. Like one thick root spiriling around the bottom and almost like a wall around the edge of the pot. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 3:25 PM, Hularius said:

I may have found what was wrong with mine. I went and checked if they are root bound and she was well both of plants were root bound and they were in plastic pots so since they are not even in the 4th  week of flowering I decided to repot them. Didn't damage any roots I hope so they should recover soon I hope. If not no worries. Learn and keep growing 

mine were seedlings, roots were white when i pulled them so no idea cos got exact same treatment as everything else