Seven weeks to early to harvest?

Ajimango

My Cream47 plants have been in flower now for just seven weeks and they look pretty well done to me tho am no expert. Dont seem to be many new white pistils coming. Got a good mix of clear and cloudy trichs, a few cloudy ambers on some sugar leaves.

Can they really be ready to harvest so soon? I am in a mind to give them just a week more then chop. Temps and RH are all over the shop. Night time temps (lights on) are lower than daytime temps (lights off). RH can get crazily high, found one rotten bud but has not spread, got loads of fans going and much wind in the drobe.

TIA for any help

ATB Muthas

Aji

Pics crap as always despite half decent old SLR.large.DSC_0436rez.jpglarge.DSC_0435rez.jpglarge.DSC_0434rez.jpglarge.DSC_0432rez.jpglarge.DSC_0431rez.jpg

• Like 1

I've got no experience with Cream 47 but Sweet Seeds suggest 8 weeks and the rule of thumb is generally that the breeders estimate is normally about 7-10 days too short. 

Personally I'd be looking for orange trichs on the buds rather than the sugar leaves. If you cant see any, then I would give it another week or so as it'd be gutting to put the months of hard work and effort in and not get the absolute best product. 

• Like 1

I have heard of 8 weekers. A growers dream!

They don't look too far off being done if not already (I lean towards being ready to chop), so if you are worried about more mould I might at the least start flush now and chop up very soon. 

but wait for others to dip in as you might get better responses. 

• Like 1

My Chelato keeper finishes in 7-8 weeks, so it's not unheard of and to me yours looks pretty well cooked. As other's have said, you can more or less ignore the trichs on the sugar leaves, they seem to brown off a lot quicker than the ones on the buds. From what I've been told though, not all plants trichs really go full amber, so you do need to take tiger things into consideration like the pistils, growth rate, senescence etc. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, latitude54 said:

I've got no experience with Cream 47 but Sweet Seeds suggest 8 weeks and the rule of thumb is generally that the breeders estimate is normally about 7-10 days too short. 

Personally I'd be looking for orange trichs on the buds rather than the sugar leaves. If you cant see any, then I would give it another week or so as it'd be gutting to put the months of hard work and effort in and not get the absolute best product. 

Yes, a few ambers coming on the top most buds.

1 hour ago, Moonstone420 said:

I have heard of 8 weekers. A growers dream!

They don't look too far off being done if not already (I lean towards being ready to chop), so if you are worried about more mould I might at the least start flush now and chop up very soon.

but wait for others to dip in as you might get better responses. 

I agree I think they are nearly ready.

15 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

My Chelato keeper finishes in 7-8 weeks, so it's not unheard of and to me yours looks pretty well cooked. As other's have said, you can more or less ignore the trichs on the sugar leaves, they seem to brown off a lot quicker than the ones on the buds. From what I've been told though, not all plants trichs really go full amber, so you do need to take tiger things into consideration like the pistils, growth rate, senescence etc. 

Thanks guys thats pretty much along the lines I was thinking myself. I don't want too much of a heavy stone anyway, and I wont have to keep battling RH, temps and save myself some electric.

Shame I wont be able to try any just yet as I'm taking a 30 day T-break, I get a few days in and then cant resist the temptation, but have now managed a 6 days, so finger crossed I can hold out.

ATB

Aji

• Like 1