Lighting fuck up

Rustybiff

I wont beat about the bush.. 2 weeks into 12/12, lights on 8pm-8am.. last night I unplugged the timer then plugged in the watt meter to adjust my light, forgot to plug the timer back in so they've had 24hrs light. 

It's 8pm now. Do I leave it to go off at 8am making it 36hrs constant light?

I am getting so fucked off with this hobby these days, every mistake feels like a slap round the fucking face because of those greedy cunts taking our money for 'electricity'. If it wasn't costing a bomb to run I wouldn't care when things went tits up.

Sorry for the shitty tone, many long days at the mo, fed up.

• Like 1

You need to give them equal (prefrebly a bit more) dark than what they've had light. So 24hrs extra light, give them 24hrs extra dark - if it were me I'd be tempted to round that up to 30hrs if possible.

During the lights on cycle cannabis converts a photoreceptor from one form to another, and then during the night these photoreceptors convert back. When you change to flower and give them the longer dark hours, more of these photoreceptors convert to the other form giving your plant the signal its time to flower. If you leave the lights on, the receptor converts the other way giving the signal to veg. Where most people fuck up is carrying on like normal, which means the balance between the photoreceptors is tilted more towards the veg state (which is why it can take a week or so after the event for everything to start going wrong) but if you act immiedietately upon realising the problem and give them equal or more dark than the extra light they've had, you're tipping the balance back towards flower.

• Like 8

Turn it off now for at least 12 hours. If your next intended lights on start is 8pm tomorrow you may as well leave them in the dark for 24 hours until then.

• Like 5

@GSZZ that is a bloody great bit of information, thanks for getting back so quickly.. So by the time I'd read your reply they've had 26 hours of light. I've turned it off now but I'm a bit anxious as to the best way to get them back into a cycle where I can look in the tent as I can only really do this in the evening when all risk of visitors has passed... another 26 hours is midnight tomorrow. Would there be an appropriate way to then bring lights on a couple of hours forward again? If not I'll just ride it out, hopefully things will be okay..

Also I can't tag you @latgid aikon, but thanks a lot man appreciate the response.. wish I'd seen it when you posted it :ouch: this run is doomed, I'm tempted to start again lol

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

@GSZZ that is a bloody great bit of information, thanks for getting back so quickly.. So by the time I'd read your reply they've had 26 hours of light. I've turned it off now but I'm a bit anxious as to the best way to get them back into a cycle where I can look in the tent as I can only really do this in the evening when all risk of visitors has passed... another 26 hours is midnight tomorrow. Would there be an appropriate way to then bring lights on a couple of hours forward again? If not I'll just ride it out, hopefully things will be okay..

Also I can't tag you @latgid aikon, but thanks a lot man appreciate the response.. wish I'd seen it when you posted it :ouch: this run is doomed, I'm tempted to start again lol

Its not ideal but just keep the lights off until you want them to come back on again, they might just look a bit pastey when the lights do come back on but its better than em herming.

• Like 2

Okay man well thank you very much indeed, put my mind at ease a lot

Tenner says I do it again next time I turn the light uplol

• Like 1

This is why I own multiple meters,

pretty much one per LED unit(where required).

The timer is plugged into the meter ;) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Happened to me week ago 24h light instead of 12h. 30 days in flower, gave them 24h dark and seems fine,can't see any salad growth

I don't use timers so I just forget now and then

@Shumroom that, is a very good idea :skin_up: I will do that from now on as it will happen again and again otherwise...

@Herbal Kint no timers?! Your body clock must be well in tune lol 

My plan is to put it on at 11pm, which will be 26 on 27 off.. then they will have 9 on, 12 off and back to normal after that. 

Cold, thrips, accidental boy in the tent, now this.. bumpy ride!

• Like 2