Going from tunnel to garden

latitude54

It’s become apparent that at least one of my plants will outgrow the poly tunnel so will probably have to permanently move outside.

It’s in a 50L pot with Clover mpc and being in the tunnel I’m able to control how much water it has, it’s nutes etc… when it goes outside, I’ll lose that control and don’t know how to manage nutes etc? 

any advice would be greatly welcome. 

• Like 2

Just now, latitude54 said:

It’s become apparent that at least one of my plants will outgrow the poly tunnel so will probably have to permanently move outside.

It’s in a 50L pot with Clover mpc and being in the tunnel I’m able to control how much water it has, it’s nutes etc… when it goes outside, I’ll lose that control and don’t know how to manage nutes etc? 

any advice would be greatly welcome. 

They will be fine outdoors mate ,    prob be better odds Vs the rot too :yep:          What & how are you feeding at the mo ?     Surely its just making a batch and feeding ?   

Im on flower power for ease this year,   2 scoops in 10ltrs and off you go ,   surely you just make up yours as normal ,  if dry amendments the just add some and read the plant ?   

The plant will tell you all you need to hear :george:  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, OldFord said:

What & how are you feeding at the mo ?

At the moment I'm mixing nutes into 40-45L of water and watering everything at the same time. With it being outside I'm thinking that mother nature may do a lot of the watering for me so less opportunity to add the usual nutes. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, latitude54 said:

At the moment I'm mixing nutes into 40-45L of water and watering everything at the same time. With it being outside I'm thinking that mother nature may do a lot of the watering for me so less opportunity to add the usual nutes. 

Its all good mate,  there will be at least 1 day a ek that you can feed :yep:        Carry on as normal  ,   the plant will take it up as it needs it.    

May be worth wedging it on top of bricks of some timbers just to aid with water run through and air getting to underneath ,  just help her dry :yep:

I use 2 x 2 timbers  ,  just gives you a better odds against the rot.   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 5

Just now, OldFord said:

May be worth wedging it on top of bricks of some timbers

Excellent advice, thank you.

• Like 2

Yeah what old ford said, if you get a long period of persistent rain (unlikely I'd imagine) and you're worried about it getting waterlogged then you can make a big circle of plywood/plastic sheet/whatever to cover the top of the pot/soil. Builders floor protection sheeting is cheap and works a treat. 

• Like 6

gallery_5211_1953_47943.jpg

gallery_5211_1953_138153.jpg

potparka :) 

you control how much water/nutes the plants gets :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2