maxibright varidrive

sweettooth

says led on a budget, waaay cheaper than the other maxibright pros, is 720w, foldable and only £450 plus it has a higher ppf than the equivalent pro

what gives?

also the juno led

can someone explain the differences?

15 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

says led on a budget, waaay cheaper than the other maxibright pros, is 720w, foldable and only £450 plus it has a higher ppf than the equivalent pro

what gives?

also the juno led

It looks like it uses hps 600w ballast like the lumii and adjust a watt I was looking into them the omega seems to be the best budget led to me

13 hours ago, gavlp20 said:

seems to be the best budget led to me

there was one on migro YouTube channel the other day, 650-700 watter, it was about 400£ iirc (whatever it was, it was ridiculously cheap for the tech)

edit- think it was £420. or $ even

mystic

Edited by mysticriver

47 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

there was one on migro YouTube channel the other day, 650-700 watter, it was about 400£ iirc (whatever it was, it was ridiculously cheap for the tech)

edit- think it was £420. or $ even

mystic

The ajdust a watt are like £290 I think crazy I build my last one from scratch that cost me about £700 and it’s only 660w

I've seen that Maxibright Varidrive going for under 400 with a ballast so be careful where you buy from, 450 is way too much. The cheap price will be just because of the components they've used. I know the Juno used Maxiled diodes but I can't find what the Varidrive uses. The price of digi ballasts seems to be at an all time low so that will help with the pricing too.

The 660w pro uses Lumled and Osram diodes so that might be why it's more expensive. Maybe the cheap ones use more red to get the efficiency up..... that's a guess mind :g:

16 hours ago, sweettooth said:

what gives?

also the juno led

They will use lots of electricity costs to run 12 hours a day £2.70 daily and ruffly £350/400 total with grow time 

@KC ah yes it's all about the diodes

Good shout

think I'll stick to my trusty lumatek brand, may add another couple of 600s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

@sweettooth I've got several maxi's and zeus's.  The zeus, while 60w less in power, kicks the shit out of the maxi.  Same light my arse.

yeah boi, zues pro 2.9 all the way

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 28/06/2023 at 19:10, sweettooth said:

yeah boi, zues pro 2.9 all the way

It sounds like you get what you pay for when it comes to buying LEDs.

While currently rounding up the funds for my first LED grow, I was recommended the budget friendly Maxibright Varidrive 720w LED. With the ballast included, you can pick one up for as cheap as £310. It's a cracking deal for a decent bit of kit. On the other end of the spectrum is the highly praised Lumatek ZEUS 600w Pro 2.9 LED. It's a lovely bit of kit but costs over double the price at around the £675-725 mark. That's a serious chunk of change right there!

A good mate of mine grows with both lights side by side and said the difference between the two is night and day. If the results weren't so noticeable, I reckon I would have went with the Varidrive but it sounds like the Zeus 600w is the way to go even if it does cost a serious chunk of change. There's no point me trying to save a few quid in the short-term getting started and buying the cheaper Varidrive 720w to then replace it down the line with a better light. It's only going to be costing me more money in the long run. 

The Zeus 600w is what I'll be picking up once I've rounded up the funds. If anyone can pick one up for cheaper than £675, please drop me a PM. I can't seem to find it any cheaper than that.