Defoliate autoflowers - yes or no?

copperpipes

Hi there - in a scrog grow, would you suggest autoflowers are defoliated or not? Having grown autoflowers with LST before, it's worked well, but I wasn't sure whether to do it in a SCROG. Any tips/advice? Thanks in advance

Hi Mate - I defoliate lower leaves and branches which are below the canopy, but autos grow so fast not sure a scrog is worthwhile?

Once you've topped at node 3-5 and opened her up a bit I'd just let her go; usually you only have a few weeks from seed to flower, so not much time to train into a net whereas with a photo, you have potentially months to play with

My tuppence, probbly not worth that tho lol

• Like 4

Yes I would certainly defoliate once they're in a scrog. Out of interest how high is your scrog cause I'm doing auto's and plan on trying a scrog net. Have a look at savagedwc on Instagram if you have it or the Northern Scrogger on YouTube, he does auto's and a majority are in scrog nets and they're freaking huge!