It's that time again..... need ideas

sweettooth

Been racking up the trim and have almost a 50 Litre barrel full of the shit, proper lean trim and pop corn buds, been lazy and chucking them in an old tent so just striped 2 grows worth last night.

made bubble hash last time, got about 2 ozs, I reckon there's at least 4oz this time

was tempted to pour a load of iso in the barrel and do it it one go but don't like all the extra stuff the iso pulls out

far too much to do bho

could dry ice sift it one go

doubt I could get a screen large enough for dry sift

split it and dry sift and butter the rest?

why do I leave it soo long :wallbash:

could I bubble it and then butter the left overs if I dry it or bubble/dry sift it all and then use some of the dry product to make butter?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

doubt I could get a screen large enough for dry sift

Would a large printing screen be big enough?

Have you considered buying a washing machine?

My mate runs one and swears by it for bulk bubble runs without the faff and arm ache.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I recently made my best ever batch of canna-butter IMO.

The material had been run once for bubblehash,

this effectively washed away a large amount of the chlorophyll.

Then I put the wet material into my biggest pot and simmered it gently for 3 hours with a couple of litres of coconut oil and topped up with water.

I allowed it to cool for an hour or so.

Then I used the little filter bag that came with my MBM and filled 3 large plastic tubs with the water/coconut oil mixture.

Once cold the coconut oil solidified and I could pour away the water and re melt the coconut oil to fill just one large tub :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I did buy a washing machine and used it on the last run, need to remove the drain filter though as it kept getting clogged so I had to manually empty it with a large measuring jug, was a slight ball ache.

I may split it and do 1 lot of bubble hash and 1 lot of QWISO and use all the left overs to make butter so a triple whammy. Probably need 20L of isopropyl though lol

Missus isn't a fan of me playing with Butane

• Like 3

I bought a tumbler when I got myself into a similar situation with trim building up in the freezer.

It appealed to my inner sloth as you can just freeze the material, throw it in the drum for a while (2 hours or so), then chuck it back in freezer to refreeze, and run it again 2 or 3 times over a few days with minimal effort to collect most of the good stuff.

And if you want to refine it further you can run the collection through a set of smaller screens to separate out the full melt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Then I put the wet material into my biggest pot and simmered it gently for 3 hours with a couple of litres of coconut oil and topped up with water.

Did you decarb the weed first @Shumroom or is the boiling sufficient?

• Like 1

Just now, Simple Jack said:

Did you decarb the weed first @Shumroom or is the boiling sufficient?

I believe the boiling/simmering is the decarb process

• Like 1

Cool. Drying out and decarbing wet weed is a right pain. The alternative is to decarb before making the bubble, but IDK if this affects the quality of the hash?

• Like 1