4 fastbuds in a 70x70?

Samwisegamgee

Hey everyone,

Back on uk420 after a hiatus from green fingers. I've only ever done small scale stuff before, pc cases and plastic tub micro grows for fun but at my new place i have a spot i can stick a tent in a built in cupboard.
I've ordered a 70x70 tent from spider farms, their fan and filter kit and their recommended light for the size tent to get me started. My plant is to do 4 plants in 16 or 20l air pots. All Fastbuds, the california snow, gorilla glue, zkittlez and forbidden runtz! I'm gonna stick to what i know and have used previously as i like to stay all organic so ill be going for plant magic soil mix and then their old timers grow and bloom nutes. I also grabbed a bottle of a spray on plant health booster, was a spur of the moment thing and not sure i'll use it without further research but i generally trust plant magics products and it sounded like something worth having on hand. Got a little camera and smart extention cable setup to use so i can timer everything and monitor everything from my phone without needing to intervene unless i need to water or empty/fill the dehumidifier and humidifier. 

I used to do a lot of LST as i was always using a small space and i'm going to do this again so i can manage the canopy and keep it even and get the most out of each plant. I'm also going to pick up 4 usb powered full spectrum 20w strip lights to add a bit more juice as im unsure the 150w led that the sell with the tent is going to be enough for 4 plants, but i figure with that extra 80w positioned cleverly it should help!

Now i've purposely selected strains which grow a little more stout and bushy rather than tall so i can train them to the size of the tent and get a big yield, but im wondering if 4 plants is just going to be to much if they do well in that space? its a 70x70x140, and will be doing a lot of clever LST so im not concerned about the height, just more that the canopy could end up being to dense and could end up without enough air movement. I'm considering maybe doing 4 and as they grow if it gets to much just putting one outside at my friends place, so it wont be the end of the world, and i know people have done 4 in a 70x70, but i also know some of these new genetics are producing some mega plants.

Kinda feel like i'm waffling a bit now and tbh just wanted to make a post and say hi im back, i was under a different user when i was most active that i forgot the name of, but rejoined with this profile during my last grow run a fair few years ago. Glad to be back and finally having a place to grow some autos without size restrictions in tiny pots! Just wish it was legal for those of us with a medical prescription already. If i'm prescribed a strain then i should be able to do it freely at this point in my view and im sure you all agree haha!

Cheers,

Samgam

• Like 1

I think your light will be fine for the space as with led you only need about 30w/sq.ft which means yours in bang on. I doubt you'd want 4 plants in containers that size though. I'd say 7.5lts max. I used to run a 80x80cm and 4 11ltrs was the most I would do in there.

• Like 1

Would four pots that big even fit?

I'm inclined to agree with @KC and reckon you'd be happier in 6-7.5L pots ....

I run a 1.2m tent and don't go above 12 litre pots.

:yinyang:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Samwisegamgee said:

4 plants in 16 or 20l air pots

I reckon you'll struggle to fit those in - like the others have said... I do 4 X 12L in a 1.2m2 - they absolutely pack the area solid

mystic

• Like 1

I run a 80x80 and used 4 x 25L this past run and got the biggest autos i've ever had. So there's no one way :)

Although I ran out of space and things got too crammed so I would say do 2 or maybe 3.

E2A, i do living soil, thats probably an important detail to not leave out.

Edited by Lubdub