Vegging autos outside for a few weeks?

chongboy

Is this a dumb idea?

Current grow not gone great. 3 or 4 weeks from harvest and I want to get a headstart on the next. 

Would it be stupid to veg outside for a few weeks while the tent is in use for finishing and drying?

Would they need some sort of wash before bringing inside to rid of pests?

I usually run a 24 0 schedule so would they need easing into that it?

Will be going into autopot pots. 

hi mate, ive been using garlic crushed in water , to keep the green fly's away ,  a lttlle jar  an a wee paint brush , dab dab , compare it with the one

runt plant that i planted in the garden it was destoyed with 40 holes in it the others 6off are lookin fine 8 weeks in ,, just a wee experiment in a scottish summer . 

It's not a crazy idea, but like you say you'll want to very thoroughly decontaminate them before you bring them inside. 

I'm not sure about the light schedule thing, Although for the next few weeks it will barely get dark in the evenings anyway. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DutchFox said:

off couse just do it.... :) 

some even put out their mothers in summer....why not :) 

Because they get bugs on them outside, that get brought into the indoor grow.

• Like 2

Sounds like it may be more hassle than its worth to be honest. And looks like the weather has gone crap for a week or 2 anyway so I'll probably just wait.

Looking into a second tent instead maybe.

Would love to be able to do a proper outdoor grow but the last few I did under plastic all got mould mid flower and ended up wasting £££ each attempt.

On 26-6-2023 at 6:10 PM, cypher79 said:

Because they get bugs on them outside, that get brought into the indoor grow.

always treat the plants when you take them inside..... :) 

the sun is free....energy is expensive nowadays 

some make cutlings outside in summer.....and they are top plants.

Edited by DutchFox

3 hours ago, chongboy said:

Sounds like it may be more hassle than its worth to be honest. And looks like the weather has gone crap for a week or 2 anyway so I'll probably just wait.

Looking into a second tent instead maybe.

Would love to be able to do a proper outdoor grow but the last few I did under plastic all got mould mid flower and ended up wasting £££ each attempt.

under plastic is nice for vegging early in the year......but in bloom high humidity give mould.

better is under plastic roof only....and wind is your friend....it should come from all 4 sides...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1