Going potless

sweettooth

Thinking of ditching the pots for easier potting up and when it comes to chop time

Looking at the 100mm jiffy blocks.

Currently using 6 litre airpots but it's a labour everytime and I want a no hassle system to save me time.

Running dripper system and will be getting some danish trays.

Would these suffice?

Would I need the 1m slabs underneath for extra root growth?

Anyone using them?

Cheers

• Like 1

Currently playing around with 3" Eazy Blocks and canna coir 1m slabs with aqua trays all plumbed up to a brain bucket. Pretty happy with it tbh its very easy to just place the block on the slab and stake it in with the dripper - have to be quite on it with the irrigation though compared to pots as naturally the volume is typically far less.

I never liked the Jiffy coir blocks, they were very loose, would deform when moved and I didn't think they were buffered very well. I dont get how they can mess up their propagation media so much when they're actual bagged media is awesome.

• Like 1

@GSZZ that's great advice, those aqua trays look far cheaper and easier than all the danish or idrolab trays I'll need. those idrolab trays are astronomical