Basic clone question

AnonyMice

Sorry quite a simple question probs asked a million times just don’t want to let her die..

had a seedling break on a guerilla plant out. Brought it home to try to save it.. planted the broken stem & foliage into moist soil and have it in full sun. 
Question is can they root like this directly in soil? And is leaving in full sun correct? 
thanks 

large.049F288D-E88A-413E-B6FC-9C4F1DCBAF5C.jpeg

pic before I brought her home and filled with compost 

• Like 2

better cut 50% of leaves of....since plant needs to work but has no roots.

also not in full sun...better in shade.

and keep humidity 80 to 100 %...so in a green house of a transparant cup on top of it....

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Assuming you've at least one decent node in the soil it should take :yep:

:yinyang:

Just bare stem without nodes can still root...:yep:

• Like 2

I keep clones under 15w flous at 27c,direct  sun would burn it. 

Lower the temp then that and they will root out slower, higher then 28c better mist 3 x a day as when I mist them some fresh air gets in prop so it won't go sour from stale air in prop at huge Temps. 

Hps will do as well but don't put clone under it ,somewhere on side in shade will do.

All they need is some heat,little light  and humidity over 90%.As mentioned baggy over it.

Just to give you basic needed conditions,if you have no other option maybe put it on window(in shade)and have patience.