skinny heat mat

The Villan

Never had the luxury of a drip mat that comes with the tent I purchased, my question is, is it ok to put the heatmat under the drip tray ?

Cheers

Vill

I use a 4ft by 2ft heat mat with a similar size tray placed on top, never had any problems and the pots still stay at 24c.

• Like 1

if it's a black plastic tray, i had more issues with it absorbing light and warming up like a fucker, cooked several plants, keep your lights high up out of the way when using them and pay close attention to the temp of the tray, a laser temp therm is your best mate in this situation

• Like 1

Its just a sort of rubbery material that fits in the bottom of the tent and hooks onto the corners by velcro tabs. It's called a splash cover I think. It's going to be run off a habitat @ratdog. It's white mylar.

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1

Just now, The Villan said:

Its just a sort of rubbery material that fits in the bottom of the tent and hooks onto the corners by velcro tabs.

ah, i'm surprised you haven't had them before mate, i've had them in every tent i've ever had, you've been short-changed in the past lol

should be fine, especially if you keep the probe at the base of the pot, i've never had any issues.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Villan said:

@ratdog it's my first tent m8.

Curious as to what you’ve been using previously? You a cupboard grower like me? 

44 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Curious as to what you’ve been using previously? You a cupboard grower like me? 

In a sort of hidden outhouse. Concrete blocks with an old roof and a wooden box xbuilt inside it. Been crawling on my hands and knees nearly every night for the last 30 years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Villan said:

@ratdog it's my first tent m8.

ah, when you said " Never had the luxury of a drip mat that comes with the tent I purchased " i assumed you had them before :)

• Like 1