Novice plant training questions

disco survivor

large.648c0fcb0615f_cbd166231.jpglarge.648c0fcccf783_cbd166232.jpglarge.648c0fce3c65c_cbd166233.jpg

I started a grow diary (growing under glass - "first ever grow")

I have specific  questions regarding training the plants.

I have 3 x auto's and 1 x photo (thought at first they were all auto's)

Image 1: I think I've finished training the auto's now? I offset the plants in the pot to give me a decent run to train the plants before they reached the side of the pot. I'm now at the point where the plants are at the side of the pot - is this enough training for now?

Image 2: This is the photo plant. I've topped the plant at the second leaf (the plant had stretched significantly, otherwise I would have waited until the third leaves had set). Is it basically a case of lowering any shoots that become dominant in order to create an even canopy?

Image 3: I'm using BBQ skewers initially for the training instead of having string tired to the side of the pot. These appear to be working well as the skewers create an arch when taped together (may be less damaging to the plant stem than string or plant ties?) and I can easily adjust the height of the skewers as the plant develops.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Yeh looks good, as you said you want to be pulling tops down to the same level as everything else.

The main stem of the auto will peak back up after a couple of days, you just want to readjust it back down.

The skewers are an okay idea, maybe a bit fat so not sure what damage you're doing to roots. I think a safer bet is drilling holes on the rim of the pots or something that doesn't penetrate your soil.

• Like 2

that will be good for about 10 days, thats roughly how ;long I leave it 

you'll see at that time they'll need doing again, & as @Lubdub confirms - you wanna be pulling it all down to the same level

mystic

• Like 1

Get urself some little clips and some plastic coated garden wire they are easier to move around the pot. 

And as already said u will have to keep pulling the main back down in a couple days.

• Like 1