What’s this leaf problem please

cypo74

large.IMG_6705.jpegMorning lads, popped round to see the grow thismorning (setup at my mates as I’m in between houses) and noticed some slight tip burn.

im just starting week 5 of flower

first though is slight over fert, the petioles are purple

i then had a peek up her skirt and noticed a couple of leaves like the picture attached.

now I’m not sure if this is over fert or K deficiency, seen this a couple of times before, thought it was over fert so cut back on the nutes and ended up with K deficiency.

thought I’d ask opinions before I do anything, they look good other than the symptoms mentioned, still praying at lights off. 

I did notice the very start of some pale yellow patches on some big upper fans (very slight)

temps a little high with this warm spell sitting at 30-31 degrees at canopy, roots sitting at 24

the very tops of the tallest branches are getting 1000ppfd, drop 6” away from the led and it’s a touch over 800

humidity 60

being fed intense organix 

3ml bloom, they did have 4ml bloom for a couple of feeds but dropped that down about a week ago.

0.4ml a litre mono mag

2ml root tonic

2ml fulvic once a week

cheers for any advice, it’s time I learnt what this leaf problem is once and for all lol

the leaf pictured has been off the plant 2hrs, so wasn’t quite as withered thismorning, was just ganna cut back feed but thought I’d ask first, just to clarify, that leaf was a lower, receiving next to no light

Edited by cypo74

Wicked mate thanks, lights are off now so more pics will have to be tonight. 

to be fair, up top looks pretty good other than the slight tip burn and red leaf stems.

last grow I was feeding 2ml with the fulvic and I ended up with K deficiency, perhaps something else was off 

they were yumming up the food a week ago, looked awesome, best I’ve had to date, then I noticed a slow down in drinking on 2 of the plants.

we’re drinking 2-2.5 litres a day, 2 slowed to every other day and had slight leaf stem purpling up. 

I’ll get some pics up tonight for ya all

thanks again mate, you boys are really helping me up my game to the next level and it’s very appreciated. 

frustrating as fuck having the grow at my mates as I can’t tinker about in there at will, I had to buy a small propagation tent for the room I’m staying, practicing bonsai mums for when I find something special to get my daily fix lol

I pulled a couple of similar leaves off the bottom of my plants a couple of weeks ago.

There was little light pen under the canopy, and the plants had been watered quite heavily that week, in a rich soil mix and a packed tent.

So I put it down to low light, high humidity and the leaf not being able to process the nutrients properly. Essentially a bad environment under the canopy. I defoliated a bit and opened up the other vent and had nothing since. Plants are loving life regardless.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

That's a punchy feed if using fulvic too.  I generally feed bloom at 2.5ml and drop it to 2ml when adding fulvic.

Ahaa, this grow and the last I’ve been feeding 3ml, the same every feed, not dropping it on fulvic day. 

I’ll give a lighter feed tonight at 2ml as the lights don’t come on until 10.30, give you boys time to have a look at the new pics and re evaluate tomorrow 

Just now, Lubdub said:

So I put it down to low light, high humidity and the leaf not being able to process the nutrients properly. Essentially a bad environment under the canopy. I defoliated a bit and opened up the other vent and had nothing since. Plants are loving life regardless.

Thanks mate, I stripped out any crowded areas thismorning, the main strip out was done towards the end of week 3 

there was a few hard to reach bits I left on the main strip, mainly because it was Friday night and I was less than sober, didn’t want to fall on anything lol 

large.IMG_6720.jpeglarge.IMG_6719.jpeglarge.IMG_6718.jpeglarge.IMG_6717.jpeglarge.9cd91685-9e8b-49c5-9711-9c99740c5b80.jpeglarge.IMG_6709.png

this was only on one leaf, removed it and forgot about it yesterday 

Ok, got my mate to take some pics, her camera ain’t great, to be honest I’m sure it’s just over fert but wanted to check after seeing that lower leaf, it’s a pretty mild issue. 

the yellowing/lighter green patch on the odd fan doesn’t show up on the pics as it’s very faint

anyway, I’ll shut up and post the pics lol

Nice double serrations on the 2 front chelatos 

Edited by cypo74
  • Like 1

Cheers lads, thought it was minor nute burn but the wonky lower leaves pushed me to make the post to check it out just in case. 

it doesn’t help being slightly colour blind to reds and purples mixed together, some shades I can see fine, some not at all lol

great as I work as a graphic designer ffs, have to get my biz partner to check those colours for me ffs 

Edited by cypo74

just for shits and giggles I stopped off on the way to work and took some better pics, deffo looking like nute burn, little bit of clawing going on now.

dropped the fulvic and they are on 2ml bloom for a few feeds, mid way through week 5

large.IMG_6732.jpeg

large.IMG_6735.jpeglarge.IMG_6734.jpeglarge.IMG_6733.jpeg
large.IMG_6731.jpeglarge.IMG_6730.jpeg