Triacontanol

Shumroom

I stumbled across this plant stimulant a few months back,

I’ve used it for my flowering plants for an entire grow(Triton Biscotto Lime and PupsXXX).

I guess I’ll have to do a comparison grow to find out if it’s really doing anything.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and what your thoughts were,

do you still use it?

@GSZZ @ratdog @lildaveham @BilgePump @blackpoolbouncer @….

Thanks 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

i don't bother with any additives these days, just grow, bloom seaweed extract or nitrozyme and some epsoms

• Like 3

Cheers Shumroom !  I used Triacontanol many times in the past.  If I was still growing I'd be using it.

Back in 2009 I was fortunate enough to get a good supply of liquid triacontanol which was made from bees wax.

In my experience it was most effective if I only gave the plant a single application @1.5ppm within 72 hours of light flip.

My results were pretty good actually. I was able to reduce my lamps from 1k to 650w and keep the approx same yield.

I was a Scrogger, so one day I decided to place a towel over half of the plant and gave the uncovered side an application.  So, I had one plant.  It was really clear the Triacontanol worked.

Since then, I've seen numerous growers use it, some got it from me but most got theirs in the form of a solid wax they had to fuck with to use.

Somewhere around here I've got a picture of the towel covering half the plant and the result.  I'll take a look around and see if I can find it.

HTH.

• Like 5

I do use Triacontanol, albeit in trace amounts via the mammoth P but its there. From there website:

Mammoth P does contain a very small trace amount of triacontanol. Mammoth P is produced using a diluted alfalfa tea, therefore there may be unquantifiable trace amounts of triacontanol.

Although im not sure how a "trace" amount is an "unquantifiable" amount, anyway, it makes sense to me to marry extra photosynthesis with increased uptake.

Special stuff that Mammoth P.

• Like 3

Just now, sweettooth said:

how does it compare to tribus?

I've never tried Tribus so I wouldn't like to say, but we did play around with URB about 3 years ago that was pretty good stuff but I preferred mammoth as it was cleaner in my system - I already run enough humates that it requires additional labour from me to clean up between tank changes as it stands, URB contributed to making that worse/more hard work for not enough/no difference

• Like 3

On 09/06/2023 at 3:44 PM, Illegal smile said:

In my experience it was most effective if I only gave the plant a single application @1.5ppm within 72 hours of light flip.

So you don’t think it needs to be used weekly(in coco)?

Thanks for all the responses so far :D 

It’s always good to hear that I haven’t been tricked into buying snake oil lol 

Atb

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I was using photonic by green hand organic up until recently. It's triacontanol, humates, aminos and seaweed afaik. I was adding it to my tank but it made a right mess due to the high humic content so I've now cut that out as I can't be arsed with all the extra cleaning.

Great stuff for foliar feeding or a weekly hand water though and way more economical than most of the bigger brand triacontanol products

• Like 2

The alfalfa experiment seemed to cause me problems with leaves on some plants being slow to green up. Made some more seaweed and fulvic without it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BushDoctoR said:

I was using photonic by green hand organic up until recently.

It the stuff from ‘The plant growth company’ I got from the Bay :) 

It’s just Triacontanol I believe.

Atb

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

It’s just Triacontanol I believe.

A complex formulation featuring amino acids, humates, phytonutrients, plant growth regulators, gibberellins, and triacontanol

I might get some, it's not even expensive. How have I never heard of this triacontanol before :unsure:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, KC said:

A complex formulation featuring amino acids, humates, phytonutrients, plant growth regulators, gibberellins, and triacontanol

I might get some, it's not even expensive. How have I never heard of this triacontanol before :unsure:

Powergrown do a good Triacontanol & Brassinolide

1 hour ago, KC said:

I don’t know if we’re looking at the same product,

but I can’t find that quote on the site I’m on.

I’ll send you a link :) 

Atb

• Like 2