aluminium green house , removal

geogeo

hi guys , got a offer off a 2nd, hand green house , has anyone dismantle'd one ,?? i would imagin it would be a 2 man job ? an do you think i can reduce the size

as its a bit big for my , garden , i think its 4 sections  will need to measure an get back on this post , i know that i cant reduce gable end , with the door in it ,

its the glass that scares the shit out off me . i think no 1, is  take glass out , from outside ,, any thoughts mates ,  kind regards g

@growinggold hi mate just had a look at your green house , fab,,, i take it was brand new ? i was thinking if polycarb/ panels can replace glass ??in a old greenhouse.

Hi mate ,  greenhouses are class for the garden grower :yep:  

Remove all the panes of glass first ... normally just winged W clips ,  the ali frame section is just L shaped channel and easily manipulated.

Ideally remove it in as big a section as you can as save putting it back together ,  most are galv nut & bolt to reduce metalurgical reactions with the ali. 

Poly card 8 x 4 sheets , ideally opaque to prevent prying eyes , its all good it lets light through.      Also you can use slider / hit & mess vets cut into the poly carb panel to get more air flow / ventilation.      Use penetrating oil on the fittings as they will more than likely be seized.         Once the glass is out its an easy dismantle with a small set of steps on your own.  

Reassemble to suit you as its only bolt on sections :yep:      All the best with it sir.      

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello @geogeo yes my green house was new few years ago. all polycarb. from summer buildings direct it think. wast expensive.

not sure on replacing glass with polycarb. as my panels slide down a extrusion frame sort thing rather then clips. if I had the money n space n no little kids I'd probs go glass next time though. but kids n money ment I couldn't. tbh poly does the job great so no complaints juts can't seeing it lasting as long as proper glass one.

good luck

• Like 1

@growinggold hi mate just had a look at your green house , fab,,, i take it was brand new ? i was thinking if polycarb/ panels can replace glass ??in a old greenhouse.

cheers mate , sorry to take a while to reply , the green house i got offer'd was to big for my plot , also it was a dutch one, mean's side walls slope out also

there was a hoast off electric's involved , still looking for  10 x 5 ft,er .regards geogeo