Orange Juice by Dinafem smoke reports please.

Amnesia

Hi all. Currently got x2 Orange Juice at nearly 6 weeks into flower and looking great. has anyone got any smoke reports for these?

Hopefully you got a tasty one - I've done two, both a very boring taste (like the sweet / chocolatey aspect of a tobacco) but smelled fruity - wouldn't say orangey though.  Buzz was alright.  I wouldn't try it again myself.

I flowered 2 out,

one was just ok,

but the other was reminiscent of a Pineapple Skunk I used to run.

A lovely metallic skunky citrus smash in the face :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 10:40 AM, KC said:

I know @Exhale has done it but he hasn't been on for a few months.

Mine didn't germ :blub:

Thanks, i did take a look at his diary and one pheno had a rubbery smell which is strange, hopefully i'll not get that.

On 04/06/2023 at 8:40 AM, Arthur Mix said:

Disappoint it was imho its in a diary somewhere 

Any links to the diary mate?

On 04/06/2023 at 0:01 PM, John'sMidnightGarden said:

Hopefully you got a tasty one - I've done two, both a very boring taste (like the sweet / chocolatey aspect of a tobacco) but smelled fruity - wouldn't say orangey though.  Buzz was alright.  I wouldn't try it again myself.

I've got 2 here on the go, it seems these orange juice are a bit hit and miss, maybe more miss than hits by the sound of things.

23 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I flowered 2 out,

one was just ok,

but the other was reminiscent of a Pineapple Skunk I used to run.

A lovely metallic skunky citrus smash in the face :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

Now that skunky citrus sounds good, fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, HazyHashMan said:

My mate @overthefencegrow done some orange juice and got some very orange smelling phenos from it

There is some hope then, next few weeks should be interesting.

Thankyou for the replies everyone. Mine have been easy and no trouble to grow so far, now at 5 weeks and 5 days into flower they are looking very frosty, smellwise i can only descrbe them as fresh citrusy so far. There are 2 in 20 litre pots in a scrog, not the most level canopy as i went away when they were in the first week of flower so the training stopped. Here are a few pictures of them.

I may do a diary on them if anyone is interested? No pics from early on the grow as i did not plan to do a diary but i could start it now and run until harvest. :skin_up:

medium.1.jpg.c89e81631292afb621adde4d09a

medium.2.jpg.75a4a348b9317a62d28012e5802

medium.3.jpg.37e68301b87f30ce2da0c438956

medium.4.jpg.5ef5323e26146dd6e2180fa5cbc

• Like 10

I've got 2 here on the go, it seems these orange juice are a bit hit and miss, maybe more miss than hits by the sound of things.

Perhaps man, I read similar as I was experiencing it myself.  Shame, the good reports sounded juicy.  Can say I grew it next to NL first time round, which is what it is but that had bang on taste and smell, so I'm confident I didn't wreck it when drying.

@Arthur Mix and @John'sMidnightGarden To be honest this might just be what i'm looking for, i hear its not couchlocky at all being very low cbd with high thc and most are saying it's citrusy flavour is there, i like @Arthur Mix when you say its more like rotten mango than orange lol

I'm looking for more of a daytime smoke and any citrusy taste is my cupof tea, my 2 girls are exactly 7 weeks in today and looking promising as they are flying along now, loaded with trichomes and do have a fresh citrus smell to them. i expect them to take around 10 weeks but they will take as long as they need. :yep:

dinafem orange juice, day 49 flower pic1

dinafem orange juice, day 49 flower pic2

• Like 10

I thought these were supposed to be 10 weekers? They are racing along now to the finish line and they are only Day 54 into flower, (7 weeks, 5 days). I was expecting them to go another 3 weeks but i'd say more like 2 weeks or less until done, not looked at any trichs yet though. What do you think?

They really stink now, definitely a citrusy fruit but unsure what and they are absolutely covered in trichomes, the buds are already dense and heavy :wub:

dinafem orange juice, day 54 flower pic1

dinafem orange juice, day 54 flower pic2

dinafem orange juice, day 54 flower pic3

• Like 7

Well the girls are racing along now and almost ready. Today they are at exactly 9 weeks into flowering (day 63) and although they look ready now the trichs say otherwise, Lots of miky/off white but not seeing any darker or amber colours yet. At this stage the trichomes can turn very quickly and so i see these being ready next week at ten weeks in.

They stink to high heaven and definitely a fresh citrus but unsure if orange scent or not, potent though :wub: and looking promising, covered all over in trichs and that strong smell lingers for ages after the growdrobe is shut. The bud to leaf ratio is very good and look no problem to harvest and trim.

Now i don't think i've ever grew a fatter cola than the one on these orange juice, its 12cm wide! lol it just keeps on foxtailing, so heavy now too.

So here is some pics just took at 9 weeks in, lots of pics sorry but i liked them all. Look at the size of that cola :eek:

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic1

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic2

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic3

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic4

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic5

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic6

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic7

orange juice by dinafem, day 63 flower.pic8

All the best everyone and Happy Growing. :smoke:

• Like 9

Day 67 Flowering. (9 weeks, 4 days)

Just an update to say the girls are almost there now, they look ready now but the trichomes say different. Lots of milky/opaque and still a few clear ones about, not seen any ambers though. Still drinking like crazy and not slowed down really but food has been lowered to minimal amounts.

As the trichomes are turning rapidly now i plan to chop these in a weeks time which will take them to 10 weeks and 4 days.

The bud to leaf ratio is very good on these and look a pleasure to trim up, smell is a very strong fresh citrus smell and so pungent i smell it on my clothes a long time after watering them.

Here a few pics then took today at 9 weeks 4 days in, the colas are so dense and heavy they would be falling all over the place if this was not a scrog. Will upload more pics next week just before i chop them. Happy Growing. :hippy:

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic1

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic2

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic3

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic4

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic5

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic6

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic7

orange juice by dinafem, day 67 flower.pic8

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update to say the ladies were chopped at 10 weeks and 5 days into flower. They were wet trimmed and the colas hung up to dry for just over 2 weeks and then brown bagged for 3 days, final manicured and into the jars they went. They have only been in the jars for a couple of days and i must say it's a nice refreshing smoke and definitely citrusy but cannot pinpoint it yet, so smooth too. I really like the smoke and will of course get even better with a cure. :wub:

As a bonus both were good yielders too with dense buds, especially the one that was on the left with the massive cola as you will see below. No sample buds were tried before being weighed and jarred as i still have cured bud in the jars.

Plant 1's final dry manicured harvest was 336grams or exactly 12oz

Plant 2's yield was 177grams or 6oz 9grams.

Total dry yield is 513 grams or 18oz 9g exactly.

This is on par with one of the heaviest yields i've ever had, got 18 - 19oz before but very rare in my 15 years of growing.

Plant 1 really took over the growroom and i'd say had about nearly three quarters of the net! I did mean to take a pic but was halfway through plant 2 when i remembered.

So this grow was an absolute pleasure with no issues and looking like a very nice smoke.

Last pic of them then in the jars ready for a long cure, the jars range from 2 litre to 4 litre in size i think, a clipper lighter is in the middle of them for size purposes. As i say only had a few spliffs and i like it. I'll open a jar again in a couple of weeks and have a proper session with them :smoke:

Happy Growing. :smokin:

Orange juice buds by Dinafem in jars.

Orange juice bud by Dinafem.

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Been in the jars for about now and yes it's a fine smoke. So refreshing and you know you're smoking Sativa leaniing bud, Definitely some citrus to it but to be honest cannot pinpoint the fruit. Not heavy at all but sleep well after an evenings session.

I made some BHO from the trim as the "sugar" leaves were loaded with trichs. Around 50g of trim was used and i now have about 2g of the finest. :wub:

large_bho.jpg.26a9cd8d9a23814383a04e964c

• Like 13