Easiest harvest ever.

Devon Cream

Worst part of growing in harvesting it all have always dreaded it . Years ago would trim the lot in long sittings with a friend then went to trimpro’s etc . Still ball ache whatever way did it I saw those canna brushes mentioned it to few big grower friends they rubbished them out right saying they tried them and where shit. Thought I’d get one try it out so last crop was just cut at the base of the plants and hung whole to dry . Once dried set the brush to work Jesus fookin wept why didn’t I try this sooner trimpro can fester in the barn from now on. Will never go back to sitting there for ages processing it all when can go this easier root less fookin around with the bud also . 

• Like 10

@Devon CreamIve never heard of these, sounds interesting, any ideas on price range mate?

ETA found em on a search, might have to try one

Edited by bubbly82
google search
  • Like 2

Looks exactly like a silicon basting brush that I have in my kitchen. I got it out of tesco for a few quid.

• Like 2

I tried a basting brush from Asda but it did absolutely nothing, I cut it down to make it a bit stiffer but that never worked either. It only cost 3 quid so I can't complain, I use it to brush out the Volcano now.

If I come across the cannabrush I'll give it a go just to see how it compares to a Trimbag :geek:

• Like 3

I just dry my plants untrimmed then when they're dry I kinda pull the leaves off by hand (and kinda brush the small ones off by hand by sort of going against the grain).

E2A Maybe I'm overdrying my plants :doh:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

A revelation for sure. I spent so many hours over many years wet trimming - tried dry trimming recently and wow it's so much easier! I gradually remove fan leaves a few days before harvest and then trim all big/fan leaves when harvesting before hanging up branches - I bag and freeze the big leaves to make cannabutter. When they're dry I use both scissors and a cheap silicon basting brush to remove the small leaves I left on and save them for making concntrates. I can't imagine ever trimming any other way from now on - I also have a SpinPro left in the shed which I doubt will ever be used again.

The moisture retained in the leaves we leave on probably helps to slow down the drying process too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bubbly82 said:

@Devon CreamIve never heard of these, sounds interesting, any ideas on price range mate?

ETA found em on a search, might have to try one

Think I paid £20 odd quid I’ve had it a few months but after the idea being rubbished by friends didn’t try it straight away .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC said:

I tried a basting brush from Asda but it did absolutely nothing, I cut it down to make it a bit stiffer but that never worked either. It only cost 3 quid so I can't complain, I use it to brush out the Volcano now.

If I come across the cannabrush I'll give it a go just to see how it compares to a Trimbag :geek:

I did have a little pick up and shake of one in a shop a while ago . What’s your experience with those kc?.

• Like 2

I'm a convert to the CannaBrush and Trimbin combo. If you have nice dry buds with the sugar leaves on it makes short work of them, especially if you have spear-shaped buds and the leaves poke out a bit.

large.Holy-Grail-Kush3bbuds.jpglarge.DiscoBiscuit-trimmed.jpglarge.Holy-Grail-Kush3c-trimmed.jpg

If you feel like it you can manicure to perfection but I reckon it cut my trim-time down by at least half maybe more and only dropped the quality a bit. Less time trimming == less pong and better security. I'm always bricking it a bit come trim time because of the honk.

Brush them over a trim bin and you can collect the glorious sift and use the trim for hash/sift/edibles.

Yeah, they are expensive for a load of plastic but it has saved me hours and stops that "oh fuck it I've had enough of trimming" when whole stems go into the popcorn pile because you can't be doing with it any longer.

• Like 5

I've got a silicone finger brush that came with our cats logic oral hygiene gel.

@DeltaMelter Those who can, definitely should.

I've just walked upstairs and I could hear the OH singing along intently to Drunken Sailor in the tent....best leave her to it. Gotta love chop day, not a pong anywhere:bong:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

What’s your experience

The trimbag works really well with dense buds (dry though). With the looser buds it helps a bit, as in it will take off some material but it'll still needs trimming after :thumbdown:

• Like 3