Pale patchy leaves

Pushka

Need some help,  leaves are very pale and getting brown patches.

Pineapple Chunk, 2ish weeks since going 12/12

24-28 temp, one blip when night was lower as someone forgot to switch the extension lead back on!

50-60 Rh

Root temp kept between 22-25

In biobizz all mix, feed biobizz grow 1ml/L Bloom 2ml/l  and 1ml Calmag every other feed, using rain water as I'm waiting for water report as very soft water

I've looked at various leaf problem pics but still no idea.

large.348361422_599483585301457_7950817686443851215_n.jpg

I can't help but feel using rain water is asking for problems mate, have you used your soft tap water in a run yet? If so what was the problems you faced?

With rain water you probably need to use calmag every feed.

• Like 4

Taking my musings with a pinch of salt as I am still finding it difficult to dial my setup in for a range of different strains and autos as well as photos...

I wondered about potentially overwatering as I am suffering this leaf problem using tap and about 3 weeks into flower, but with some Autos I ended up growing inside. Calmag added to the tap-water hasn't fixed it for me.

My tap water is soft and tests at about 70 TDS and apparently 300 is Biobizz's recommendation for TDS prior to adding nutrients. In an interview with a Biobizz geezer that I havent been able to find again, he says if it needs 3ml / L to get it there (3 times more than they officially suggest) then it is fine.  Their stated maximums assume a lot higher TDS in the water supply than we sometimes get.

• Like 3

Thesed are photo's, the calmag is the only thing that is every other feed.  The autos I'm running at the same time aren't suffering and they've pretty much been treated the same.

I don't use Calmag every feed as until I know what my water levels are then if there is an imbalance either way then calmag is going to surely make it worse.

I doubt they are over watered as I'm following a wet/dry, if anything I'm cautious so would probably be underwatering.

@Military Grade, this is only my 2nd grow, last one was auto's and ended up very pale at the top, crispy etc but they limped through to the end :-)

I do have a diary with them, not sure how to link it.

• Like 1

I have my water report now

Calcium              13.6
Magnesium          1
Sulphate              25
Alkalinity             24.4
Ph                       6.80

This is a very soft water with low levels of all salts tested for.
This water will need a soft water feed and a little pH up.
Due to the low alkalinity of this water there is very little buffering capacity to absorb pH changes.

I've just received the soft water feed from Growers Ark,  do I need a pinch of epsom salts or shall I carry on using the Biobizz Calmag?

For the Photo's I will use their feed schedule but do I need to drop it down a bit for the Autos?

Purely looking at the Ca:Mg ratio you currently have a 13.6:1 ratio,

but we want 3:1

1/3 of 13.6 = 4.533 but we already have 1 so we need to add 3.533 mg/l of Mg if I’ve got my units correct.

I’m not sure how much mono Mg or Epsom salts that equates to.

@Oldbear and @purepotstill among others will be able to assist with the rest of the answer :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta
  • Like 3

Looks hungry,might be due that night that light were off and Temps went low?

Or that rain water? Do you aerate it?Does water sits long?

Try tap water ,we all use tap water in various pH and ec range just fine. In compost pH will buffer itself.

@Herbal Kint and @Shumroom thank you

Going back over to tap water now I have my report and GA feeds.  I have fed them well since the original post, they seem to be looking no worse, still a newbie and worried

about either over watering or feeding.

• Like 1

Just now, Pushka said:

worried

about either over watering or feeding.

Try coco,can't overwater basically and total control of nutes and ph.

Ideally water shouldn't sit to long as it loses oxygen, I duno what your practice was with keeping rain water but any water that sits longer then few hours should be aerated,small water pump would do.

If you did keep your rain water sit longer then 24h it could deprive roots of oxygen and make damage?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pushka said:

and a little pH up.

You don't need to use any ph up mate because that could cause even more problems. Your compost will sort that for you but I'd up my feed to 2ml of grow and 3 of bloom too. Your plants look hungry

Owd

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Purely looking at the Ca:Mg ratio you currently have a 13.6:1 ratio,

but we want 3:1

1/3 of 13.6 = 4.533 but we already have 1 so we need to add 3.533 mg/l of Mg if I’ve got my units correct.

I’m not sure how much mono Mg or Epsom salts that equates to.

@Oldbear and @purepotstill among others will be able to assist with the rest of the answer :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

I don't think it makes sense to supply only magnesium with so low numbers. 1ml mono Mg is around 43mg of Mg, it would be a nightmare to dose. With such a soft water, calmag seems a better option to me.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:10 PM, Pushka said:

Thesed are photo's, the calmag is the only thing that is every other feed.  The autos I'm running at the same time aren't suffering and they've pretty much been treated the same.

I'm running my 1st photo run and they need much more feed than the autos I was doing before. Why don't follow the Biobizz schedule ?

• Like 1

@purepotstill thank you,  I think I was just being a bit cautious with the feed.  I've now got the Growers Ark feeds and will follow their feed chart.

The biobizz Calmag is not at 3;1  I'll check the bottle in the morning.