ControlLED

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/06/2023 at 10:12 AM, ControlLED said:

The first version of our controller has actually just been launched! 

Any news on the controller, can’t see anything on your site??

• Like 1

being honest it's a ballache without the controller because you have to be there, ready to switch it on for the exact time ( primary unit) and also the controller would give more flexibility  for playing with the far red and uva with a controller

@GSZZ I couldnt/can't get the primary unit to work as you said by plugging straight into a timer bypassing the primary program?

Edited by 4kali

2 hours ago, 4kali said:

I couldnt/can't get the primary unit to work as you said by plugging straight into a timer bypassing the primary program?

How come? You place the timer onto the OFF function, and then just plug it into a timer and away you go - does the unit just stay on or off when you do that? 

3 hours ago, 4kali said:

I couldnt/can't get the primary unit to work as you said by plugging straight into a timer bypassing the primary program?

That’s how I have mine set up too mate, working fine

control led are a nightmare to get hold of, sent 2 emails with no reply, guess my mails might have gone into a junk folder though….

• Like 1

To anyone with the dio tech light

reading the manual that came with the light which stated they don’t recommend using the far red bars in veg, do you lads use the veg/far red uv at any point?? 

or just the veg setting in veg up until end of week 2 or 3 of 12/12 before switching to the flower setting with far red and uv 

cheers lads

Edited by cypo74

1 hour ago, cypo74 said:

control led are a nightmare to get hold of, sent 2 emails with no reply, guess my mails might have gone into a junk folder though….

Just had a message on here from control led, seems they are having problems with their email, said they are working on it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GSZZ said:

How come? You place the timer onto the OFF function, and then just plug it into a timer and away you go - does the unit just stay on or off when you do that? 

I did that and the primary just comes on with a blank dark screen but the light doesn't come on.

the uva far red are subjective to use I've used them on full cycle starting from a decent veged plant to all the way thru flower I've also used them from 3 week in or when flowers have formed, all about finding your niche

• Like 1

Just now, 4kali said:

I did that and the primary just comes on with a blank dark screen but the light doesn't come on.

the uva far red are subjective to use I've used them on full cycle starting from a decent veged plant to all the way thru flower I've also used them from 3 week in or when flowers have formed, all about finding your niche

still learning as always

• Like 1

Just now, 4kali said:

So I had a word with the tech guy, and he says that it might be a firmware thing - he says to dial the light down, and let me know at what % it turns the lights off. Apparently thats a way to tell which firmware is on the unit. (you'd think it'd be zero % right? lol

If it is a firmware issue you've got two options - they can either send you a replacement "controller" (the screen bit) that you can replace that I am assured is easy to do, or alternatively (I appreciate easier said than done) you can bring the unit back to the shop you got it, and do a whole swap for a brand new unit :yep: 

• Like 5

@GSZZ

that's good of them. and thanks for your time in speaking to them it is appreciated.

goes down to about 12% and then just goes off,

its very sensitive the light percentage dial on the master/ primary unit, i can be stood there a while trying to give it the softest of touches to get it were it needs to be

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the sponsor still around? I'm looking to take a punt on the Spectro Tech 480w but can't find any reviews anywhere. Anyone using the Spectro Tech who would like to share any opinions? It would be useful if there was a bit more info about the types of diodes they use, other than the Osram deep and far reds. :g:

• Like 1