Seeds in June sun - pros - cons

CheechChongReturns

As I have some plants that are pollinated (2 weeks in ) and they are out in the high sun , I was wondering if there are any pros or cons to the seed production given that the sun intensity , angle and UV is higher than september ?

I know the bud can become more foxtailed and reduce the seed numbers slightly , but is there any adverse effect on the seeds?

@brock1 @panik @Ch@ppers

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CheechChongReturns said:

As I have some plants that are pollinated (2 weeks in ) and they are out in the high sun , I was wondering if there are any pros or cons to the seed production given that the sun intensity , angle and UV is higher than september ?

I know the bud can become more foxtailed and reduce the seed numbers slightly , but is there any adverse effect on the seeds?

@brock1 @panik @Ch@ppers

None at all. The only real difference you will get is a slightly higher fertility rate because of lower humidity ect. The seedling inside the seed will be exactly the same as a seed made later in the year in every other way :cheers:

• Like 4

@brock1 like music to my ears mate.

I was reading up on seed longevity and the census from the research suggests seeds last longer if they have a lower water content when stored . 

Do you think I could benefit from the lower humidity in this regard too ? 

hope so . 

• Like 2

Just now, CheechChongReturns said:

@brock1 like music to my ears mate.

I was reading up on seed longevity and the census from the research suggests seeds last longer if they have a lower water content when stored . 

Do you think I could benefit from the lower humidity in this regard too ? 

hope so . 

No mate the think is all seeds are a little overly damp when harvested or a lot would fall before harvested if dried on the plant. Curing is the important parts. I find a week in a tub of dry rice in the fridge for a fortnight before bagging helps a lots. 

• Like 3

@brock1 that makes sense. 

Nice one mate . No rush with these . I can afford to take my time with a good slow dry first. 

• Like 2