Early Harvest & Fast dry - impressed with result

5Lip

large.AA498AA9-71CC-477B-AB44-FE37E2B331FB.jpeglarge.BACA31E7-BE63-4C40-AF6D-684C52977A5E.jpegSo after I accidentally & stupidly ruined my last run of 2 plants I’ve had to buy some which I wasn’t happy about at all. The first oz I got was impressive (but expensive) and I’m glad I smoked that but the second I got (still expensive) wasn’t as good. Fast forward to a few days ago and I’ve a plant I’d consider “nearly” with another “week to ten away” and a couple of babies and I’m down to the popcorns of my mediocre bought stuff so I’m thinking of chopping early. I’ve attached some pics, the trichomes looked milky but I tend to wait until around 20% are amber so definitely early for me. I wet-trimmed the buds which I found far easier to the dry trim then put them in a large paper potato sack on top of my boiler (which isn’t running apart from hot water). They’ve been in there 48 hours and feeling nice and spongy / dry actually so I ground a small bud which crumbed up nicely and smoked it. Have to say it’s not too bad at all, nowhere near as harsh as I thought and a nice (slightly different) high. Honestly I think I’d rather smoke the 48 post-harvest than the bought stuff, did NOT expect that 

• Like 2

Forgot to add it is Saturday which is also my canna honey coffee day and that’s always a good day anyway :smokin:

I've got a mate that dries all of his plants on his HPS reflector. He grows perpetually (one plant in and one plant harvested every week) which just means he's always running out and has to dry something in a hurry. I've just lent him a spare LED though so I don't know what he's going to do next week lol

10 hours ago, KC said:

The old style CRT monitors were good for a speed dry.

oh yeah i remember doing this on my 1st grow years ago .... it still blew my head off :bong:

Edited by handysmoker
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hashslag said:

Once I microwaved a crappy nug off a lowryder to dry it - I mean, it worked lol 

I once tried this and it combusted from the middle and destroyed my 3g of lowryder from 1 whole plant I grow.  Maybe I had the microwave set to high :bangin:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brock1 said:

I once tried this and it combusted from the middle and destroyed my 3g of lowryder from 1 whole plant I grow.  Maybe I had the microwave set to high :bangin:

lollol 

I think you only do it for like 5 seconds or something, but yeah, faaaaaar from ideal haha! Lowryders... am I right in thinking that's pretty much where autos began? They crossed a sativa with a ruderalis if memory serves, to get the auto flowering trait?

• Like 1