Plant magic root stimulant and organic grow feed

dubpunk66

Hi all , success all my beans have sprouted , can I ask when to start plant magic root stimulant and the organic grow feed , looking at the grow feeding schedule it’s says use from week 0 : I’m growing autos in back yard , in a mix of plant magic soil , bat guano and manure mixed in bottom of pots , any feeding advise greatly appreciated , D 

• Like 1

Root tonic can normally be used straight from the off, maybe start with a weaker dose to begin with. 

Seems weird that they'd say to use grow from week 0. When your growing in compost you have plenty of nutrients already in the soil, so until your final pot is fully rooted you shouldn't need anything. The fact you've added the guano and manure means there will be even more nutrients so you probably won't need grow at all. Are you sure they're not hydro/Coco nutrients? 

Autos also need/want considerably less nutrients than photos, so when they eventually need feeding (probably a while into flower) start with 1/4-1/2 strength of what they recommend on the bottle. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Thanks mindsoup , what I should have said was on the plant magic feed schedule it’s says root stimulant  for straight off but the old timer grow feed from week one , but it’s not clear if this is referring to a hydro grow or outside in soil with lots of nutrients , def not hydro nutrients , I’ll start with root stimulant a lower dose , impatience is my killer , thanks again best D .

Edited by dubpunk66

If they're definitely not Coco/hydro nutrients then I'd imagine it's just nutrient companies doing what nutrient companies do quite a lot. Encouraging you to use/buy more than you need. 

I have an auto in a 2L pot at the moment, in compost with a bit of multi purpose slow release ferts, so a similar soil mix. She's over 5 weeks old, starting to flower and she still hasn't had anything but root stim. 

large.Compress_20230524_111739_9264.jpglarge.Compress_20230524_111740_0545.jpg

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

If they're definitely not Coco/hydro nutrients then I'd imagine it's just nutrient companies doing what nutrient companies do quite a lot. Encouraging you to use/buy more than you need. 

I have an auto in a 2L pot at the moment, in compost with a bit of multi purpose slow release ferts, so a similar soil mix. She's over 5 weeks old, starting to flower and she still hasn't had anything but root stim. 

large.Compress_20230524_111739_9264.jpglarge.Compress_20230524_111740_0545.jpg

• Like 1

What a beauty mindsoup , has she just been in the sun , yep I’ll just go easy and add a bit of root stimulant to my watering , thanks and best D.

• Like 2

Yeah mate, she spent her first few weeks in the tent but had been under a south facing velux window since then. Get a diary on the go mate, would be cool to follow along with your grow. 

• Like 2