Advice needed

Celtic voyager

Eveing all.

Looking for a bit of advice on an auto.

I have a fastbuds blueberry growing in a 20lt pot at the moment, she's doing well, about 4 to 6 inches in height.

The issue I have is, she was just a random seed I just dropped into the pot, but I didn't add any perlite to the medium, because I didn't have any at the time.

Would it be to late to pot her into another pot with perlite mix, or should I just leave her as is.

• Like 1
Just now, Idicanna jones said:

I'd leave her dude, her clock is ticking....

Was thinking the same myself 

The only thing I'd be kinda worried about is, she will be outside, and if she get a large amount for rain, the compost becoming overly compact, or root rot.

• Like 1

Found myself in that situation last year (ran out of perlite mixed stuff) didn't really harm them. Transplantation at this stage, almost certainly would

• Like 1

What's the compost you're using? You can usually manage fine without perlite. As for the rain flooding the medium, you can get or make a little skirt to cover the pots, just remove it when it stops raining. 

• Like 1
Just now, Clubs said:

What's the compost you're using? You can usually manage fine without perlite. As for the rain flooding the medium, you can get or make a little skirt to cover the pots, just remove it when it stops raining. 

It's a an organic multi purpose compost,

I like the idea of the skirt, thank you 

I'll get on to that tomorrow 

• Like 1
Just now, Idicanna jones said:

Found myself in that situation last year (ran out of perlite mixed stuff) didn't really harm them. Transplantation at this stage, almost certainly would

I'm going to leave as is

And as clubs pointed out, make a skirt for the pot, use when need.

If your plants are sat in saucers, turn the saucers upside down so they don’t fill up with water that way they are not constantly supping it up, should be ok

• Like 3
Just now, The Green Manalishi said:

If your plants are sat in saucers, turn the saucers upside down so they don’t fill up with water that way they are not constantly supping it up, should be ok

I have them just sat on grass.

It's nice and dry and firm under the pots

In your garden? 

Yes

I haven them up in the back of the garden behind the house large.20230522_170917_copy_1387x1849_1_copy_1387x1848.jpg

• Like 4

Nice, I would make a wee shelter for them if the rain was to get that bad, but I think we’re looking good weather wise

• Like 1

Nice, I would make a wee shelter for them if the rain was to get that bad, but I think we’re looking good weather wise

If the weather takes a turn for the worst (west coast of ireland, bound to happen at some point lol), I can always put them into a small greenhouse 

• Like 2