Seedlings

Stallion

@mikeydoughnut  - lol  cheers dude:yinyang:

@Stallion - listen to these guys above, mine would be dead without their help, its alright to let them dry a little when they are small and haven't rooted out the pot but nowhere near as dry as in the pics above..

start a diary is my advice - its the way forward - atb!:skin_up:

Everything seems to be going really well. The growth looks good for once haha. Even the stalled ones are not lime green anymore. Still small tho and im not expecting anything. Its my newly planted ones that im really trying to get right. 

So its been since thursday morning since i fed them properly. As the coco is still heavy and damp my instinct is telling me not to feed yet. Should i let it dry out further or should i give it another feed with little nutes say in next day or so? Last stupid question honestly. Cheers for advice

If they’re still rooting out the containers,

I’d give them the opportunity to dry out a little.

Once rooted out you can water them as often as necessary :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

So far, growth was good but now its looking like could be stalling. The colour looks like they are going a bit pale. 

I fed them ec 1 ph 6.2 with runoff on Monday evening.

Im wondering if they could be locking out.

Im trying to get a photo up but i keep getting upload processing errors -200. No idea the photos are right size

How’s your environment?

Max min temperature and Relative humidity?

Light wattage and height above plants?

How much lighter do they feel since Mondays watering?

They probably need to be refreshed,

it’s good to start in smaller pots.

Atb

When ypu say a refresh. Do you mean a flush? Il check those temps when i get home. They should be roughly 20degrees. Its been that way for a while. The light is a 300w mars at 30% intensity 2 foot from plants. 

39 minutes ago, Stallion said:

They should be roughly 20degrees.

They'll get going a lot quicker if the temperature was a bit higher :yep:

Eg. In my nursey tent I have my Inkbird controller(for heat mats) set to around 24C,

i also have a tube heater that just runs off it's own built in thermostat.

I have my extraction setup so that it switches off below 26C to keep the air temperature above that,

plus I aim for Relative humidity around 75% :) 

Yeah by refresh them I just meant to water them again,

just a normal watering to 20% runoff :thumsup:

Light height and setting sounds good,

it was maybe a wee bit too much to begin with,

but they should be lapping up the photons now.

Atb

The roots bave reached the bottom of the pot. But the pot is staying quite wet. It looks wet anyway. Feels much lighter than when i water them. Im not used to feeding coco so much water. In the past i was doing a full wet/dry cycle like soil. Probably explains a lot of problems i have previously had also. So feeding this way is not the norm for me and im unsure if im doing the right thing.

Should i feed them some water or alittle a&b plus calmag at ec 1.0 ish ?

Cheers for all the advice guys. Im gunna do what you say with the older ones tonight. The others il feed tomorrow. 

The light is on now so iv checked on them and the colour is starting to look normal. Is it possible that i could be bleaching them with the light. I have only recently just turned the light intensity down. I have no experience with led just hps.

They were probably just pale from being hungry.

So long as they’re looking like they’re improving :) 

Atb

You want to be watering every day when there really small and just planted  just water a little around the stem you need to get the roots going before soddening the whole media . The 3 slightly larger seedlings on your left I’d be watering in coco 2x a day little and often.

Update: growth is going really well. Colour looks good. In last 4 days i have fed them twice. Once at 1.1 and then again at 1.2. Im probs going to feed them again tonight at 1.4.

I want some opinions on topping and repotting.

When would you likely top for the first time on seedlings? After 4th node or wait even longer? In the past i have waited until the 5th node. Its just they take like a week to bounce back. Wondering if anyone had some tips.

Also im going to be repotting in next week or 2. I have never mixed perlite with my coco in the past. Would it be more beneficial to add or just stick with coco? I have 22 to 25 ltr fabric pots which will be my final pot.

Thats what i was told to use by my friend when he first taught me. He didnt use perlite either so thats why i havent. My last grow i used tent pegs to train them a bit then i fit a scrog at 15inch. I thought the spread was impressive but just made a bitch to water becuase i couldnt move the plants. My budget isnt the best. Im upgrading gear slowly as i get more experienced

Update:

They are in their new final homes. 22 to 28 ltr pots. In between 10 and 12 inch tall. Fed them all 3 litres each at 2.1ec on Monday wirh the intention of doing it again today. A couple arw showing signs of over/under watering as they are drooping. But my biggest concern is sincd iv had repotted them. I noticed that yellow spots are appearing on some of the fan leaves. Could it be dificiency or fungal? Never seen yellow spots on leaves before.

Im tryng to insert the picture to the chat but it just spins and spins and never loads. I have added them to my gallery this morming called 'stallions'. I will keep trying to upload onto this tho but so far been trying all morning.