Whole House Water Softner

J.C

I’m thinking about getting a water softener installed on the main incoming feed to the house. I won’t have an option of a bypass to the water source for my tent.

Has anyone done this and if so can you advise on how it changed your EC levels and/or water test. I’m guessing it should help but slightly concerned as it runs through salt so might actually raise the EC.

Cheers

Any calcium and magnesium in your water will be exchanged for sodium (salt). I'm not sure if this is a good idea for plants. You really need some taps and toilets with unsoftened water.

• Like 2

I'd have a chat with Martin at GA beforehand, he'll know what the implications are and you can take it from there. 

• Like 1

I have a device called a Combimate fitted in my house, on the main water supply. It was recommended to me by my plumber. You fill it with balls which slowly dissolve over time releasing a very small amount of some sort of phosphate into the water. It doesn't actually soften water, rather it stops limescale forming. I've been very happy with it and the treated water has been fine for my various hydroponic growing (I grow tomatoes and leafy veg/salads as well as cannabis). If you go to the Combimate website there's lots of info.  Sal

• Like 1