Help needed Coco Grow

Falcore

Hey there,

im new to the growing scene, i currently have 3 Barneys Farm Runtz autos growing ( I will start a diary when i figure out how to uploads pics etc. ) when I bought my coco from the shop they were on about a ph of 5.8, im currently using General Hydroponic nutrients ( FloraMicro , FloraGro , FloraBloom )

do i have to be precise with my ph to 5.8 if so i need to buy a good ph tester.

sorry i have mad anxiety and even typing this was hard for me so apologies i hope you understand me lol 

Thanks in advance

Alan 

• Like 2
Just now, Falcore said:

do i have to be precise with my ph to 5.8 if so i need to buy a good ph tester.

Not in coco, you can have a bit of elbow room. As long as it comes out between 5.8 - 6.4 you will be alright. Don't spend mad money on a pH pen cos they're like car tyres, even the best ones wear out, grab a cheapo essentialls one it'll cost between £40 - £50 and then in future if you're well into it you can get something a bit more expensive with a replacable pH probe.

Have a look at Growers Ark coco feed, as long as you match the feed with your water type (hard/soft) you'll need not worry about pH again.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quick!

Don't ask me why I chosen coco for my grow, I just thought its what you use after watching YouTube videos

As a beginner would you recommend soil growing instead? Obviously after thus one has finished 

• Like 1

Honestly I think coco is better for beginners... as long as you never leave the plants sat in their run off, you can't overwater it. If I am not draining the run off away automatically, I like to use upturned saucers in bigger trays and sit the plants on those.

I don't grow autos so not sure how well I could advise you, but you'll want to get them in their final sized pots relatively quickly. Water to run off everytime you water, feel the weight of the pot when it gets to about half as heavy water it again. The time between the pot becoming half as heavy will get closer and closer together until you're doing it once per day.

• Like 5

Hi

I started with miracle grow, and I did buy some coco as well, haven't touched the coco and not going to use MG any more and swapped to BioBizz all mix, and I'm happy with that

18 minutes ago, Falcore said:

sorry i have mad anxiety and even typing this was hard for me so apologies i hope you understand me

No worries my man .... there's plenty here with anxiety and other stuff going on ... so your at home here :P

• Like 3

Ahhh so I may not be giving them enough water, there only small but growth is slow, could be my amazon led grow light that's blurple ( looking to upgrade to a spider farmer sf2000 though )

I'm only giving them a little water with feed so the edges of the pot is dry 

Also there massive fabric pots too about 20L ones or 22 I can't remember 

Edited by Falcore
  • Like 1

Hiya @Falcore welcome to the site :) 

Check out the link below for help uploading images:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/397925-help-for-new-comers-uploading-to-uk420/

But be aware the software in use is getting old :med: 

so sometimes you might encounter problems depending on which browser you’re using.

We’re mostly a friendly bunch of people round here,

don’t be afraid to ask questions :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Falcore said:

looking to upgrade to a spider farmer sf2000 though

Check out the viparspectra as well ... almost identical, but you might find it a bit cheaper

got a viparspectra p1000 pro in my small tent 60x60x140 and it's excellent:)

10 hours ago, Falcore said:

could be my amazon led grow light that's blurple 

got 4 of those red/blue from Amazon in a small cupboard with one plant, and she's doing OK but will be a small plant :)

12 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Check out the viparspectra as well ... almost identical, but you might find it a bit cheaper

I've just checked them out and they run the same Samsung diodes as the spider farmer.....soooo

Just ordered a p2000 from amazon on a deal for £189.99 directly sold by viparspectra there was a deal on

I'm currently in a 100 x 100 x 1.75 with 1 amazon blurple light kinda just using things I been given so I'm gonna upgrade as I go if that makes sense 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

What's the thinking behind a rectangular light for a square space? 

I'm planning on getting rid of the 100 x 100 and getting a 2 x 4 for it, or I could put 2 in there?

what are your ideas, should I get another one or just go down to a 2 x 4 ?

9 hours ago, Falcore said:

Just ordered a p2000 from amazon on a deal for £189.99 directly sold by viparspectra there was a deal on

Nice ... you won't be disappointed.

I got a 2x2 tent, and it's doing fine ... the light has got lens that help throw the light out to the side.

When you get it and want to plug it in, make sure the dimmer is set low or blind yourself they are really bright :george:

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

Nice ... you won't be disappointed.

I got a 2x2 tent, and it's doing fine ... the light has got lens that help throw the light out to the side.

When you get it and want to plug it in, make sure the dimmer is set low or blind yourself they are really bright :george:

Thanks It's gotta be better than what I'm using now so I'm excited to get it I only ordered it yesterday and its coming today 

Hopefully my girls will like it too haha 

• Like 1

@Falcore hi. I'm a simple grower, got 'brain farts' and stuff, I switched to Coco from soil, stressed myself out big time trying to get my head around pH and EC, consequently I haven't pH'd or EC'd a single thing for over a year now, I'm pulling 2 to 3+ jars per plant in my stealth micro tent of decent meds, I realise it could be more but it's enough for my needs, I look at some of the beautiful grows I see on here and can only wish I had that level of expertise, after around 15 years of growing I probably should have, so don't stress too much while you're getting everything dialed in, enjoy the experience as you learn, can't beat using your own grown meds it really is an excellent feeling sitting down with your first own made joint/vape/edible. Research everything you can as much as you can, or as much as you can stomach without brain meltdown, looking at some of the guys on here will stand you in good stead, and don't be worried about asking questions, no question is stupid, and keep it simple, learn it simple then when you feel more confident add flourishes, I can 100% guarantee you that the kit and methods you use now will have totally changed in a few years as you learn. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Should Know Betterer said:

@Falcore hi. I'm a simple grower, got 'brain farts' and stuff, I switched to Coco from soil, stressed myself out big time trying to get my head around pH and EC, consequently I haven't pH'd or EC'd a single thing for over a year now, I'm pulling 2 to 3+ jars per plant in my stealth micro tent of decent meds, I realise it could be more but it's enough for my needs, I look at some of the beautiful grows I see on here and can only wish I had that level of expertise, after around 15 years of growing I probably should have, so don't stress too much while you're getting everything dialed in, enjoy the experience as you learn, can't beat using your own grown meds it really is an excellent feeling sitting down with your first own made joint/vape/edible. Research everything you can as much as you can, or as much as you can stomach without brain meltdown, looking at some of the guys on here will stand you in good stead, and don't be worried about asking questions, no question is stupid, and keep it simple, learn it simple then when you feel more confident add flourishes, I can 100% guarantee you that the kit and methods you use now will have totally changed in a few years as you learn. 

Thank you I appreciate that, I over think things and your right I'll start making changes as I grow so to speak lol

• Like 3