Help me choose the best light for 90x130cm grow closet

localkushmen

I’m looking for the best possible grow light to cover my 90x130cm (35,4 x 51,1 inch) closet grow. I know these are odd dimensions but I want full light coverage so I don’t lose yield at the edges. price is not a problem at all I just want to maximise the yield as much as possible. I would prefer a light with detachable battery drive that I can mount outside the closet because I have a heat problem in the summer. I’ve been looking at a few different lights but can’t decide which one is optional for my situation.

I don’t know which lights would suit best but because of the shape of the space.

It might be better to look for a pair of lights that will cover the rectangular space,

as most lights are designed to give an approximately square footprint.

Have a look at the Micro site and YouTube channel.

Atb

:yinyang:

3 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I don’t know which lights would suit best but because of the shape of the space.

It might be better to look for a pair of lights that will cover the rectangular space,

as most lights are designed to give an approximately square footprint.

Have a look at the Micro site and YouTube channel.

Atb

Could he not just split the strips ?

When it comes to lights, buy British made lights, better customer service, and so much easier to send back if they go wrong. They usually have better warranties than cheap Chinese Amazon lights :yep:

I’m in an 850x1100 space and got a Par+ 240w over them results are not too bad, but reckon they could take another light the same. A decent 500w LED will sort your space out nicely. With modern LEDs you can turn them down and if dosh is not a problem Telos make an awesome light controller. :smokin:

• Like 1

Type in ‘Par240+’ into google. The. First result should stock these lights. They’re fucking boss. Meant for 120 x 80 but what’s 10cm between mates. I’ve flowered twice in a similar space. I can’t vouch too much for my gardening but the light is bang on.

• Like 1

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Could he not just split the strips ?

Or strip the splits? lol

Some lights only work in one configuration!

but I don’t have a list of the ones that do and don’t.

Atb

In my dr150W(150 x 90) I actually use a Par+275 in the centre,

with a Highlight 220 on either side.

I have excellent coverage and control,

plus the spectrum of the lights work in harmony with the Par+ being great for far reds and the Highlights blue focused spectrum.

Grow Lights Australia,

the makers of my Highlight 220s also made 240s and 480s with a similar spectrum to my combination of lights.

Atb

Just work out what the sq footage is 

.09m*3.21=2.889ft

1.3m*3.21=4.173ft

multiply the two and you get 

12.055 sq.ft

mulitply by 30w (50w for hid) is 361w for led. It's an awkward shape though so I'd go for 2 smaller lights. 200watters and just run them full power.

30w is minimum imo 

• Like 1

Just now, Shumroom said:

Or strip the splits? lol

Some lights only work in one configuration!

but I don’t have a list of the ones that do and don’t.

Atb

Yeah this was a topic that Adam would've been all over, gutted for him that he had to shut up shop.

• Like 1