GPS location

Eldo

Hi uk420

I found a lovely spot the other day. Dug some holes, made some amendments, smoked a j them took a screenshot of my location on Google earth before making my way back to a path through a maze of brambles and thorns

Checked coordinates and pin when I got home and they weren't even remotely close to where I was.......100+ metres out I reckon.

Is there a better way or app I can use for the purpose of tracking my location

TIA

you could turn on geotagging on your phones camera and take a photo of the plot? would that work? 

bit of a security risk though no? :stoned:  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eldo said:

Is there a better way or app I can use for the purpose of tracking my location

Paper map? Mark with cross using a pencil?

:)

I switch location off on my phone when I go to my plots. No point letting plod know where my plots are, eh?

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 5

Just now, Should Know Betterer said:

Breadcrumbs? :hippy:

I like this idea.....do yo think eating a sandwich......or ever better crispy sausage roll on the way to my plot would have the same effect?

• Like 2

@Eldo it’s your phones ability to add location details to pictures, you could then follow the coordinates 

that what military grade said  is good too, better probably lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twigs said:

bit of a security risk though no? :stoned:  

My first thought was wtf, why would you want to keep a record of where the grow is or am I just being paranoid ?

• Like 3

Did you remember to press the wee crosshair on Google maps to refine your location before you took the screenshot ?

• Like 2

As previously mentioned, What3words might be useful. 

Grid Reference is useful if you use any Ordnance Survey mapping. 

• Like 2

Don't get this, why do you need a precise electronic record of the location? I knock mine onto flight mode and never have location turned on before getting anywhere near.  That gives a better sense of security and photos without any location data.  

• Like 7

Cheers for all the replys. Don't know my way round this new plot and lost my bearings multiple times coming out of there  just wanted a way of not getting lost....had a little explore with phone in airplane mode today problem sorted

Come on mate. You don't need to geo tag or add a pin to your site. Just remember where it is and leave it .

• Like 3