A good reason to cure your Bud

Larry Badgeley

Last year I cropped a Sweet Seeds Green Poison CBD. Due to the crazy heat I experienced in the loft, the plant just survived. When it was dried, manicured and jarred, the smell had almost gone and I didn't hold any hope for the end use after a cure. A couple of months of curing we had a joint and there was hardly any flavour. It was harsh and not very nice.

Roll on another 8 months and it is now an excellent smoke. Admittedly it hardly stinks but it is a very mellow hit with a good flavour profile and burns great. A good example me thinks to cure your bud regardless whether you may think all is lost. 

• Like 14

Yep. I find bud that's been in the jars for a year or more is bloody amazing. Possibly because it has started to decarb?

• Like 4

I revisited some jars i had stored from 2021 recently, the bud was decent just never really took to it flavour wise..pleasantly suprised by 1 of them, its certainly changed a lot over the last 18 months and was really quite enjoyable :yinyang:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boojum said:

One day I'll grow enough to cure some lol

Same, I'm gutted that I gave half of my best smelling and tasting Psychos away, was amazing after just a couple of week and smoked within another couple lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

A good example

I dont have specifics but a few times its happened to me

yes the cure can really improve weed that ive thought was completely shot

ive put the worst bud, of a crop, in jars n it turned into something that I was semi-proud of

mystic

• Like 2

I’ve especially noticed this in Landrace sativas. Dried, they’re “meh.”  One month of cure, they’re a bit better. 6 months of cure is like it might as well be totally different weed, with regards to potency. 

The cure really does change things. 

• Like 7

On 5/18/2023 at 1:29 AM, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

I'm gutted that I gave half of my best smelling and tasting Psychos away

:wallbash:  

You kept a cutting tho...  :yep:    I hope...  lol 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:27 PM, Cajafiesta said:

6 months of cure is like it might as well be totally different weed, with regards to potency. 

I have about 3/4 oz of Nirvana's Gelato that I've managed to keep for two years now, was an 1 1/2 oz but I keep dipping lol  Tastes amazing...  sits me on my arse every time.

It's like having a 21 year old single malt that comes out on special occasions lol 

My first efforts at cobbing are now at 11 months old, gonna wait till their 1st birthday to resample after dipping at about 3 months...   Tasted amazing...  

On 5/18/2023 at 0:20 PM, B-real said:

I'm learning this to be true 3 month and 6 months mark now 6 month what a difference!

When you know...  you know...   :yep:

• Like 2

Just now, mmmm...nice! said:

:wallbash:  

You kept a cutting tho...  :yep:    I hope...  lol 

Yes mate & have several newer ones in the cupboard, need to select one of 2 & 4 as mothers soon.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 2

I do find after a few years it does lose it's flavour, even when it's stored airtight (i vac pack it).

• Like 3

On 19/05/2023 at 10:32 PM, KC said:

I do find after a few years it does lose it's flavour, even when it's stored airtight (i vac pack it).

Show off lol

• Like 1