Hungry plants

mmmm...nice!

Right, I've swapped over to LED from the HPS for the summer months, and have found that my girls are eating LOADS more than what I used to feed them under the HPS 

Set at 1.3 EC and 5.8 - 6.0 ish PH and the following day they're down to 1.06 ish EC  :mellow:  using CannaAqua 

I drip feed into rockwool 4'' cubes for 15 min every hour daytime, once during the night in an NFT tray recirculating...  Just started 3rd week flower.

Maxibright 660 Pro from a 600 HPS in a 1.2 x 1.3

More light = more growth and more feeding...     

These girls are fucking flying...   :woot:

Anyone else find they needed to up their feed after changing to LED??  

I put my girls under LED from HID while they were a little hungry. The last thing I wanted to do was to overfeed these gorgeous plants.

Then it happened all at once... mad pale leaves at the top and other rusty ones throughout the plant.

I heard / read somewhere that they need more CalMag under LED - can anyone verify this for us?

• Like 1

I've never grown under anything other than LED (and the sun), but I've heard a lot of people say plants need more feed under LEDs, I guess like you say you can reach higher light intensity so feeds etc need to be raised to keep up with the faster growth.

As for cal mag, I'm not sure that they need more of it, but that it's more important that the ratios of the 2 are correct (3:1 cal:mag).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

They drink much more under led, so get extra food that way.

So just more volume of feed rather than making it higher strength? 

• Like 2

Good to know, not that it really applies to me, but I've got a few mates that run HID and are thinking of swapping over so it'll help someone :hippy:.

• Like 1