Auto whitey freeze - a story without a plot

Eldo

Hey everyone, not quite sure how I ended up here. Decided Friday I might chuck a plant or 2 out this year, had no real plans, no plot and very little idea what I'm doing

Fast forward a few days to this morning and I had a pack of auto whitey freeze through the door.

Needless to say it's been a busy painfull morning tracking through lots of spikey things but think I now have a nice home for at least 3 little ladies

Not sure this diary will be as elaborate as some and if I was a betting man I'd be betting against me winning I'm more here for the experience, hopefully some free smoke and to see what can be done with minimal prep, equipment & effort and some top quality seeds

Left the house this morning with 3 x 10l Coco bricks, some water, cheap hand spade (you'll see from the pic why this was a bad idea), and some grow more npk 7-7-7

Dug 3 holes and chucked a brick of Coco and some water in then mixed back in the native soil and some growmore

large.IMG_20230516_122705_copy_1200x1446.jpg

As you can see lots of work to do but I'll be soaking seeds tonight and aiming to plant out in 2 weeks. Might then see what I can do about finding another small plot or 2 somewhere else.....chapters 2 & 3 of the story

Thanks for reading

:smokin:

Edited by Eldo
  • Like 11

Good luck dude, sounds like your on the right track. 

If you haven't already popped them I'd recommend getting some of the slotted jiffy pots they sell on rgsc website and using those, that's what ch@ppers and panik use themselves and seems to be by far the best way to start autos for GGing. Don't be tempted to buy different/cheaper brands the slotted jiffys are the best and only rgsc sells them any more. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

@MindSoup cheers mate, I was planning on just using plastic square pots and sprinkling some mycorrhizal fungi on the root ball before putting them in the ground but I'm questioning this now

• Like 1

Just now, Eldo said:

@MindSoup cheers mate, I was planning on just using plastic square pots and sprinkling some mycorrhizal fungi on the root ball before putting them in the ground but I'm questioning this now

Why Are you questioning it?Thats a good way to plant out. Peace Goohfy.

Edited by Goohfy
  • Like 1

@Goohfy I'm questioning pretty much everything right now mate. Thanks for the reply and putting my mind at rest thou now I can move onto questioning something else

Next up where the hell is my plot!!

Seems Google earth precise location is anything but precise :wallbash:

• Like 4

You will do it a bit of blood fish bone chicken shit slow release fert or whatever you wanna use mix it near the bottom of ya hole so it is not to hot and by the time the plants get there roots to it bang.The thing with plants and animals they want to live.peace and good luck.Goohfy.

• Like 2

Yeah pots will be fine as long you plant them out early enough, but those boys grow the biggest GG auto's I've ever seen.

• Like 3

Your plots looks like a good spot, like goofy said mix a bit of slow release ferts into the holes and cobble together some rabbit cages and you'll be sweet... 

...if you can find it again that is lol

Good thing is if you're struggling to find it, I doubt anyone else will either. 

• Like 2

Yeah they do but I am guessing Eldo just wants a outdoor grow maybe new to all this digging and diving.I might be totally wrong and he/she might want to grow monsters either way the information here.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

Definitely new to the digging and diving but wanted to try for a few years now, infact that's the reason I ended up on this forum in the first place. 

Got some doff growmore, was actually in the shop with the intention of getting blood fish and bone but see this was npk 7-7-7 and pretty slow release...will get a half handful at the bottom of the holes somehow on my next visit

Also to be done are the cages, drop some slug pellets about plus deer to contend with......going to use a combination of hanging soap bars and silent roar to try and keep them at bay

Edited by Eldo
  • Like 3

Yeah grow more will do fine, and you don't strictly need to get it at the bottom of the hole as long as you mix it in well enough and let it sit for a couple weeks before plant out. Once they start to set buds a little top dress of some sulphur of pot ash is a good way to boost the yield a bit. 

Deer can be a pain, some years there would be fuck all I could do to keep them away, other years they'd seemingly have no interest. A perimeter fence of some sort as well as the rabbit cages was the best deterrent I tried.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eldo said:

see what I can do about finding another small plot or 2 somewhere else

& a new shovel by the looks of it!

mystic

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mysticriver said:

& a new shovel by the looks of it!

mystic

Haha yep that's pretty high up on the list of priorities. Going to either take a full size one at night and stash it far enough off the path not to be seen or a roughneck micro spade in the rucksack..... possibly some binoculars and hiking sticks to complete the look

• Like 1

@MindSoup I'm hoping whatever ferts I've already added would have started breaking down by the time I plant out. Know autos like less feed but not sure how much less. Expecting to have to top dress as some point plus's might brew up a little nettle tea on site for them.

As for deer I think baring building a wall if they wanna get in they will. Got my eye on some "strong pvc bird mesh" possibly enough to deter them

If I end if putting something like that up I'll put more than 3 plants there, otherwise I'll scatter a few around and just accept the deer will be getting high off my crop

Looking foreword to getting out exploring again :smokin:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eldo said:

a roughneck micro spade

I bet 1 of those foldable, multi-function utility shovels would go down a treat for that job

they look cool too, one could make me happy about digging a hole

mystic

• Like 1