What to do

Eldo

Hi uk420

Decided late I'm planning out this season

Found a really out the way south facing spot....well almost anyway

large.IMG_20230514_150807_copy_1200x1600.jpg

Other side of this ridge I'm going to make either a little bed or  a few holes..,.....this is quite off the beaten track but still not looking to leave trails where I've been. Will be back in the week with minimal tools and soil enhancers and approaching from a more indirect route

Native soil other side of ridge seems kinda sandy

large.IMG_20230514_151123_copy_1200x1600.jpg

Can't drag loads about due to back and this is a proper trek, nee to keep things minimal

I'm thinking small fork

Coco block

As much used MPC as I can carry

+Ecothrive or similar

Mixed with sandy soil

Is this likely to work??

I need to go in light but anything else I should add to the rucksack

Any other advice welcome 

TIA

• Like 3

@Eldo

id go for it why not just make sure plant is a decent size before planting

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed

Heaps of slug pellets, rodent bait, some wire wool or soap free scouring pads , some mix of insecticide and a spray bottle and another mix of herbicide in another little bottle for now, added to your rucksack. I suppose you may need wire mesh and bamboos, and to bury it down. It looks like dry sandy ground, probably riddled with bonny abbots. 

The little mix of insecticide will keep caspid bugs and greenfly down , throw a tad of everything from fairy liquid ,ground garlic, etc.

I wonder why there's a fair few dead briar stems and little regrowth over them, maybe a drought hit them hard enough?

looks good......

no bed...just a planthole and plant the seedlings....of at least 20cm...

if that was my plot....i would use osmocote ...since its to late for organiks now....

succes!

If it’s sandy the drainage should be good so I wouldn’t bother with coco personally. It’s hard to tell from a pic but the soil looks pretty good. If I had to amend I would use a bit of compost and worm castings