does anyone use an auger?

Whammyc

always find it abit weird that haven't seen anyone using augers on here for making plots easier? are they not that good? I want to get one but want to hear from someone that has used them 

Seen a few people use them over the years, he's not about any more but pretty sure @Bad Penny. Was one of them. 

I used a mini hand auger one year when my back was too fucked to dig. Worked pretty well, much easier on my back if I knelt down and went slow. 

• Like 4

hi i sstoped using a few years  back, i just like flat blades now , works better in my de-walt ,easy'r to carry in the tool kit lollol

• Like 1

I make my holes so that you can take a hand full of rich fluffy medium out with ease better than any native ground .

And you'd only need the auger that first initial time then the holes there,after that you can tend to it add whatever,so I'd prefer to use a fork and spade fir a 1nce off thats the groundworker in me :)

Geez there’s usually a reason people change their username… mainly because they don’t want to be associated with the old one anymore…

Back to augers… Never used one lol Personally prefer them plots you can use ya bare hands to plant out!

• Like 2

large_12.jpglarge.IMG-0370.jpg

big fan here, needed one to build a guerrilla deer fence, turns out perfect for planting.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

Geez there’s usually a reason people change their username… mainly because they don’t want to be associated with the old one anymore…

BP achieved an unbeatable high score so changed his username to give everyone else a chance. :yep: 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, MindSoup said:

@Lea Valley hang on a minute. Is @Ch@ppers @bad penny?? 

:shock:

As if I've been back on here for over 3 years and I've only just realised lol..

ha ha 

yes Bad Penny is indeed Ch@ppers 

• Like 2

I sometimes use a little hand drill auger. Works pretty well and is faster than a slade. Only time I would recommend one if if your close to a lot of human traffic for the noise of the drilling. 

• Like 1