jiffy coir pellets

Usually start seeds off in jiffy peat pots but this time in coir pots, how long before a feed can be introduced once sprouted ?

Cheers

Vill

Edited by The Villan

I usually use something like Kick Start or Plant Start to hydrate them.

They need something after the cotyledons have developed.

I might give something like EC 0.8 on top of my 0.0 water.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Pure coco feed straight away. I just started to seeds at 1.5 ec. Week to ten days later their on 1.7 . Starting water at 0.2, like to add cal mag at the start to 0.4. 

people feed way to low in veg and way to high in flower with coco.

19 hours ago, Bud Baker said:

started to seeds at 1.5 ec. Week to ten days later their on 1.7

if that is EC, then thats too high

your correct in calmag-ing the water to 0.4EC, but you dont need to go to 1.5 & 1.7 so early

for instance, I calmag to 0.4 (from 0), then coco nutes to 1.2 EC, which I feed from the start

even thats too high, some might say, but I keep it there until I switch to full power [in flower after stretch], when I then go to 1.45 EC  [as a maximum]

mystic

@mysticriver all dependant in pot size, light, humidity and especially strain. In one litre pots at the moment. And they still need a bump in ec or fertigation frequency. I do not feed my coco like compost. They get fed daily already and like I said already they need more frequent fert events already. Or an up pot,  I use coco and treat it like hydro.

starting a plant on 1.1 e.c is not too high, it really isn’t.  

I don’t post much on here for obvious reasons, but I don’t need thousands of posts to know if I’m correct or incorrect. 

there’s more to a plant then just media ec. Understanding osmosis, internal plant ec saturation and plant assimilation. 

your saying my ec is too high and you don’t have any clue on my set up. Pot sizes, the way I treat coco and my environment. 

maybe your plants are doing great on 0.8 ec but it’s not one size fits all. We could be using completely different nutrient brands, too many variables, especially for you to say that I’m feeding to high an ec.  

@mysticriver just want to apologise and say your are correct, I literally just wrote “1.1 ec is not to high to start seedlings on but the other day I said “I just started seeds on 1.5 ec” lol :wanker:

so yeah your right, definitely wrote the wrong thing there. I do apologise sir.

but I still from the 1.1-1.2 ec ramp that up real quick to about 1.7 ec. 

in the future I will check twice to see what I wrote was actually correct 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Bud Baker said:

maybe your plants are doing great on 0.8 ec

thats not me, as Skepta would say

if your doing great thats sound bro, I just chimed in some shite, its prolly wrong. thats normal

& I too apologise - ive just noticed your not the original poster & I was actually answering the post. I think...

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2